Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting ready to put the exhaust on my sons 64 fairlane with a 302 a/t. I have a set of 69 f-lane 351w manifolds. I was wondering if they are the same as the mustang manifolds. I dont want to use the tiny logs that came with the car. I was thinking I could order up a head pipes for a mustang to start the exhaust.
Any Advice?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Not the same as the Mustang parts.

62-65 Fairlane exhaust is unique to the Fairlane. The shock towers limit clearance. Do the 351 manifolds even fit without hitting anything?

I think your best bet are either the 289 HiPo style manifolds that you can get from Dearborn, or Hooker 6134's (which will be going on my 64). Everyone says the Hookers are a perfect fit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: truedog on 10/21/06 1:24am ]</font>

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am not trying to be rude, but just so you know 289 High Performance manifolds are valuable and even used bring over $200 routinely on ebay. 351w manifolds, though somewhat similar in shape, are so common they have little comparative monetary value. In other words, no one would trade 289 Hi-po manifolds or headers for dime a dozen 351w manifolds.

·
Registered
41 Posts
One more thing. In addition to the 289 High Performance exhaust manifolds, and the Hooker Headers #6134, there is one more option. Doug's Headers makes a Tri-Y that will fit 62-65 Fairlanes, it is part # D662Y. Doug's Headers is now a division of Pertronix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts