Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was at the junkyard today pulling some parts off of a 63 today and noticed that the manifolds were a bit different than my stock log manifolds. This isn't the greatest photo, but can anyone tell me what these exhaust manifolds are or if they are anything worth taking? These aren't considered headers are they?

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
One of the reasons is because you're not looking at an FE block. That looks like a 260 or 289. Jim PS I could be wrong, usually am.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that could be a very good reason. I was thinking it was probably a 352, but I know nothing about identifying an engine block. The only thing I can tell you is how many cylinders an engine has:) I did only find a 2 barrel intake laying in the front seat. So that makes sense.

·
Registered
841 Posts
That doesn't look like an FE water pump. And the distributor hole is in the block, not the manifold like an FE. I'm guessing its not an FE, but more likely a small block.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
FYI, FE (352) blocks did come with 2 barrels in 63 (220 or 230 hp?); 4 barrels only (full sized Ford) in 64 (250 hp).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts