Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size is the inlet on newer Mustangs? I know pipe diameter is 2.25".
Are the rear bells after the cats also 2.25" or is the inlet and outlet on the h pipe slightly larger?
Here's what I'm getting after. OEM used h pipes sell for nothing. I'd like to get one, hack it up, and use the cool bell fitting at the back as the head pipe coming off my manifolds. This way I'd never have to f with gaskets again. I hate exhaust gaskets and wish to avoid them. I also don't want my 2.5" PI manifolds to have to neck down to 2.25" right off the bat.
I have also wondered if anybody knows of a source that sells those bell fittings seperately. That's what I'm really after. Could I get a muffler shop to fab me up some? Or are those bell fittings kind of a specialty deal? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
522 Posts
The FPA headers that I bought came with these fittings. They supplied the ends for the shop to use on the head pipe. I would give them a call to see if they are available seperate, or possibly give you the name of their supplier.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I think flowmaster makes some. I believe I saw them in a new Summit or Jegs cat. or it might have been in the Brother's Cat I was looking at. They specialize in 5.0 stuff. I was looking at so many cat. the other night at my buddies house I forgot which one I saw them in. But I know they are available. I'll look again for sure.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I found what I was looking for. Their the header collector ball flange kit. Go here and see if that is what your looking for.

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/web10/SePerfMuff16.html

79 F150 4x4 (Soon To Be FE Powered)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RonMeyer on 3/30/02 3:34am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
COOL! That header collector kit looks like it might work. I'll crawl under my car Sunday and measure the distance between the bolts. If the flowmaster flange is the same, then the 2.5 ball flange ought to work slicker'n sh!t.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts