Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trying to find an original OEM wheel stud that is longer than my factory studs, I need help trying to either source one, or find a manufacture of wheel studs.
I am trying to find out who makes wheel studs, and if I can get something that would be at least 1/2"-3/4" longer on the threaded area of the stud. It is for a front rotor, and not a rear axle. Car is a 1972 Ford Torino GTS
Original specs are:
.622" knurl
3/4" shoulder
1-13/16" length
I have called ARP, Moser, Currie, Moroso, and spent atleast two days at Napa and O'reilly's looking in the book and studying about 35 different wheel studs. I don't want to swap out for a larger 9/16" stud, as I need to be able to use 1/2-20 lug nuts. I also need to have the 3/4" shoulder area, for the centering of my rotors.
Only other alternative is having a machine shop drill the bearing hub flanges for new holes for a smaller diameter knurl.
Anyone have a source?
Thanks

·
Registered
502 Posts
moroso, ARP, mr gasket, to name a few. these are the most prolific. other than them you are looking at something custom.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: igo1090 on 4/12/06 2:31am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
All of the above mentioned vendors sell 1/2-20 studs. You can get 3" length and use a cutoff tool to get the length you need. It's been a lot of years but I think I bought mine from Summit.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had looked into the 3" studs, but the knurl ends up at a .615", I need a .622". I may be considering a .625" knurl, but the mail reason I need the 3/4" shoulder area with the 3" studs do not have, is with the brake conversion I did, I need the shoulder area to properly center my rotors on my hub assembly.
I am trying to avoid drilling new holes if I can help it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts