Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1966 Mustang with a 289 and C4.It looked like I have a leak at the extension housing.Fluid looks like it's leaking from the tranny mount.I pulled it apart and the gasket was fine,the housing where the gasket sits against was a bit discolered on the bottom.The rest of the tranny is dry.I'm unsure if it was leaking from the housing now.Could it be leaking from anywhere else around that area that I'm missing? Thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Mugen.The rear seal is fine,dry as a bone.It's only wet ath teh bottom of the extension housing where the mount is that I can see.I was just wondering if there another spot that could be leaking that I'm overlooking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies.Gregaust,i'll go check the rear cooler line.I did check the modulator but didn't think of the line.FE thanks for going and checking yours,I appreciate that.I checked out the extension housing very closely and theres no cracks.I'll get under the car and check the main housing for cracks.Oh.BTW theres no vent on the housing.I'll post back with the results.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I got it all back together again.New gasket and rear seal.I also tightened up the cooler line,it was tight but went another 1/2 turn.I'm happy to report NO LEAKS!!!! While I was down there I removed the old single exhaust and put a nice new shiny dual.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts