Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was Trikar's suggestion so don't shoot me he opened up the idea and the can :D hope ya all can take it.... At the ranchero site I've been affectionately called Momma Chero... and also Queen of photos... heh

If I get overwhelming tell me to stop :D

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
That is lovely!! My favorite model. I just wish someone would bring a few over here.
I can see this thread is going to be a good one.

Well, I'm not sure if my Aussie 2003 Falcon XR8 Ute will qualify, but here goes anyway, in case you guys haven't seen it.
5.4 DOHC (Boss 260...260kw, that is, or 350hp), 5 speed tremec.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want one of those so badly but to get one here stateside would be almost next to impossible....awesome ride Dan...so is it as fun to drive as it looks?

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
Yeah, they are great to drive.
I love the older cars too, but these new ones go, stop, handle, cruize control, air cond, power windows...everything. But I never hardly throw junk in the back. We look at them as being 2 door sportscars.
But you still can't beat the character of the 50s, 60s and 70s cars.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is so awesome.......

·
Registered
662 Posts
That's what I'm talking about, definitely eye candy!

Ford is making a big mistake by not selling those Utes over here.

Eye Fruit and Candy!

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Hey Danv,
As far as I'm concerned the Ute Counts and like others I wish Ford would get off there butts and sell them here also . Nice Ride !! :D Also could you give more info on the Boss 260 ?

Hey is that you sarah and Red ?? Welcome aboard !!:D

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
Ok then, the Boss 260.
Ford decided to start using the modular engines here in late 2002/early 2003.
The 5.4 3 valve is the base V8 engine, which is now about to be dropped here.
The 5.4 4 valve comes as either a Boss 260 (in the XR8 range) or Boss 290 (in the GT sedan or Pursuit Ute). The 260 and 290 is the kilowatt rating, which equates to 350hp and 390hp. The blocks are cast iron, straight from your truck range, and the heads are designed on the '03 Cobra R, I believe.
Ford engineers here got their minds into practise, and came up with this combo, even after being advised by the powers that be, at Ford US HQ, that it wouldn't work. The engines lack some torque down low, put pull like George Michael inside a LA toilet block, up in the higher revs. (Sorry, couldn't resist!)
Ford decided on the cast iron block because they thought strength was more important than weight. They have an ignition cutout at around 5800 rpm.
When I bought mine, they were backed by a Tremec 5 speed, or 4 speed auto, but now they come optional with 6 speed manuals of the ZF 6 speed auto.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So very awesome... I do love the looks of the 69... actually contemplating one that is for sale near by.... beautiful truck man beautiful

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Earl... its just me and RED :D :D :D great site here.... no drama :D

1 - 20 of 75 Posts