Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's my '68 (The Guinea Pig) the day I picked it up in Oklahoma and also one in Austin. Notice the Route 66 sign. Previous owner lived 5 blocks from where I shot this first pic! I call him "The Guinea Pig" because he squeaks and squeals so much... :) Got a lot of work ahead of me to get it the way I want it.

Jay

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Here's my '68 (The Guinea Pig) the day I picked it up in Oklahoma and also one in Austin. Notice the Route 66 sign. Previous owner lived 5 blocks from where I shot this first pic! I call him "The Guinea Pig" because he squeaks and squeals so much... :) Got a lot of work ahead of me to get it the way I want it.

Jay
Nice Ranchero Jay. I like the name.

Mine usually gets called Barney or Purple People Eater.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, Eddie. Your Purple Mopar Eater is really cool too. Excellent interior work, even if it isn't finished. I'm not gonna show my interior; it's hideous. Biggest problem with '68-'69 'Cheros/Torinos/Fairlanes is that freakin' dash! Those "tubes" that the instruments are in are impossible to repair/replicate. I don't know of any aftermarket sources for them. Also been thinking about doing a hide-away headlight mod, kinda like some of the '70-'71 cars had (and the '68 through ? LTDs). I think it would look cool with an unbroken expanse of chrome or aluminum grill across the front. Plenty of room between the grill and radiator to fit it too.

Almost forgot...Cars and Coffee car show, 2nd Sunday of each month at the Oasis on Lake Travis:

http://austin.carsandcoffee.info/

Not too far from San Antonio! I'll be there this Sunday...

Jay

·
Registered
581 Posts
Damn----I just went up to Austin today to buy an intake manifold.

Hey---Eddie----How ya been???? have not heard from you in a while.

Jay----If I thought I may have been able to meet a forum member while I
was up there----I would have put the ride off until Sunday.

Hope to have the engine back in my 65 by the week after T-Giving.
Then--need to rewire.
Already bought the AC unit
Trans has been gone thru.
Gettin kind of anxious

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey Bryan. Doing good, thanks.

Jay I think a 68 would look great with hideaways modded in. I would love to have hideaways in the ranchero but its all about$$$.

I've seen some pics of some blacked out. Didn't look too bad.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts