Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

F.A.S.T. EZ-EFI fuel injection

7K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  montybrown 
With huge intakes on a street car, I've found the simplest solution is to use progressive throttle linkage to tame it. You'll only ever use perhaps half of that flow, so the linkage would scale the throttle opening rate to maybe 50% of pedal travel off-idle, to 100% at WOT. It prevents a touchy throttle and jerky response. Modern cars usually have progressive eccentrics on the throttle arms for this purpose.

David

As turbo says, a dual 2v would be a better choice with the bore size (and standard injectors) those 4v TBs have, if your manifold will flow properly using 4 of 8 bores. That's another work-around. If I were doing this one as a custom setup, I'd use them as-is and simply kill the 'secondary' injectors and fix the plates closed. With 4v, even with progressive linkage, you'll get to about 1/2 throttle and any more pedal will make no difference. The up-sides to using them as 2v are better throttle opening control, better fueling across the range with half the injectors (better fuel control), and yet the ability to simply re-enable the 'secondaries' for more growth later as desired. All win-win. While this is a simple change for a custom EFI controller, I don't know if the EZ unit is that easily configurable.

David

I have watched some YouTube videos of guys running them on a tunnel ram on a sbc 400ci and the thing runs great , if the two 4s runs like crap I'll go back to my stealth intake and just run 1 throttle body, but everything have have read and seen I think it will work just fine, I have been wanting to run dual carbs for awhile but didn't want the headache of tuning them
I'm sure it will run fine, I am mostly speaking to the drivability and throttle reaction that is commonly an irritating or frustrating part of huge airflow on the street. It will be fine, and there are simple workarounds like I mentioned for anything you want to alter or tweak.
:tup:
David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.