Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,986 Posts
They fit well and sound good, we put them on a 428, but same thing.

Its a good choice, recommend ceramic coating though, keeps heat WAY down underhood

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank for ur knowledge, us just doing some research before I buy another set of headers. Bought hooker supper comps and without doing some major smashing of the shock tower they wouldn't go in!!! So seriously contiplating just leaving the stock manifolds on;(

·
Premium Member
3,986 Posts
The FPAs should fit better, but which Supercomps do you have? I think they should be 6113s, but I have to check. If you have Mustang headers they wont fit

The reason I ask is lots of guys run Hookers too, so it seems odd that it was so far off.

BTW, those Hookers wont work with stock heads anyway, can you check the casting number on your heads before you buy another set? Its critical you get the correct flange for both bolt pattern and exhaust port location.

·
Premium Member
3,986 Posts
Thanks again for the info. Ya will check all that the bolt pattern, numbers on the intake, all that before u purchase any headers again. Thanks again;)
Cheers
Just to clarify, bolt pattern means little, its the combo of bolt pattern and exhaust port location Need the casting number of the heads, not intake.

·
Premium Member
3,986 Posts
So i need to get the casting # off the stock exhaust manifolds?
Thanks for all the great info ! Really appreciate it. So once I get the# I can over FPA headers that will fit nice?
Casting number of the HEADS, its cast in between the center two spark plugs of each head.

Could be: C6AE-R, C8AE-H, or C8AE 6090H or C9AE 6090R

and then yes, you can get the right headers

Look at the pic below, not a GT head, but same location for the number

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.