Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first, 1989 f150 inline 6 cyl: what trans would be in it, its a manual 5 spd, code on the door sticker is M . i dont know much about manual's, a friend of mine has been haveing some problems, after i find out what it is, maybe i'll know what else to ask

we think it may be low on fluid, or something, anyway, any help would be apprciated

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, like i said, i dont know much about manuals, and all i know is what he said on the phone:
1. he said that driving home on the freeway the trans suddent;ly got louder, not like really loud, but noticable over the sound of the free way. he put it in netural, and the sound went away, and coasted it off the freeway.
2. he said it was slightly hardr to shift, as he took it home from there.
he hasnt had it past 3rd sence, so i'm not sure.
this guy is a die hard manual fan, and i'm pty sure he could tell even slight differnces in it.
the only thing we could come up with is that its low, or out of oil, , he said that on car he had before this, it acted similar when after getting the trans flushed, the shop put ATF in it. anyway, i really dont know much about this stuff, so if youy guy can help it'd be great.

George E. Leggett

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ghettostang on 2/7/02 6:45am ]</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts