Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks! Well we are full swing into the 2002 car show season. I just wanted to give you the “Three Month Reminder” so that you can finalize your summer car show plans. The event is the “1st Annual Soda Jerk/FCA Mini-Meet” held at “The Soda Jerk Diner and Dairy Bar” in Hummelstown, PA on August 10, 2002. Registration is $3. Day of show registration will be held from 9:00 AM to Noon. The event goes on to 4:00 PM. I have not mentioned it before but I will now accept pre-registration. It is still $3. For a first year event I was not sure what to expect. It seems that quite a few folks are planning on coming out. This is why I’ve decided to accept pre-registration. I too want to enjoy the show and don’t want to make folks wait in a silly line while we register you. There are two awards for the inaugural year, “People’s Choice” and “Diamond in the Rough”. Peoples choice is as stated. The people vote and the most votes, wins. Diamond in the Rough is a bit different, this is for folks who have Fairlane/Torino related vehicle that is currently not what one would call “completed”. Most votes wins. So bring out those projects and show us what you’ve got. With success, we will have awards for classes next year. We are also having a 50/50 raffle as well as raffles for items donated by some very generous vendors. We will be having door prizes for registrants too! All registrants get a very nice dash plaque provided by the Soda Jerk Diner and Dairy bar. For a look at the event flyer online, check out http://home.dejazzd.com/thebenders/show if you have any question or want to pre-register. Email me at [email protected] If you’d like to get a look at the Soda Jerk’s facility, check out this link http://www.innernet.net/jcdell/BlueGray/SodaJerk01.html this is from the Oldsmobile Club’s Fall event there. A very spacious place indeed with plenty of excellent food. The restaurant does not take credit cards. They are nostalgic in that sense; they take good old cash!

Thanks,
Doug Bender ( Fairlaniac )

1 - 1 of 1 Posts