Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on fabricating some aluminum brackets to mount a dual Spal fan on my Crites radiator (still on order) and was looking for two dimensions. How far the water inlet is from the top and from the bottom? See dimensions "A" & "B" anyone that can help, I'd appreciate it. Crites provided the other dimensions to draw it to scale but since they have none in house currently and don't have the fittings locations documented they could not help me on those two dimensions.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
not sure if i have the same 289 unit, but my fan has factory white ink saying 390, not sure if the radiator is the same for the sb. i can measure later today

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Crites aluminum FE (390) radiator coming. It is different than factory. Since I don't have it yet, and I plan to install the SPAL aftermarket dual fans. I am trying to fabricate some brackets a head of time. I am looking for someone who has the Crites radiator and where the water connections are located.

Thanks,

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Griffin is a junk epoxy sealed radiator besides, they appear to be going under. Filed for bankruptcy! Try getting one now. Even Summit has a 2+ month lead time. I got everything worked out on my radiator. Could not be more satisfied!

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Northern Radiators is who supplies Crites with their radiators. The better thing about buying direct from northern is they make several different styles of radiators, and you can buy a better unit than what crites will provide, for the same price. I did this with my 63's radiator.

http://www.northernfactory.com/

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope! Howe Racing makes the custom radiators for Fairlanes, for Crites.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts