Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Fairlane T-Bolt collection. Models and Hot Wheels. you guys build any models?

4K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  DynoTom 
#1 ·
White model is about 75% complete,needs some more engine bay work and grille done.

Its set up with wide steelies and magnezium skinnys up front.It has all the spark plug wires and even wires for the tach on the dash!Its looking pretty good I have been working on it for about a year now here and there.

Two small cars are the Hot Wheels T-Bolts,the black one is all stock,but the white one was originally a black car that I disassembled and painted Whimbleton white.

Took a little work,but I like the result.

I have another stock black one thats going Royal Maroon in a couple days.

The two models in back are no longer in production,they make them with a different box and no race decals.

1995 F-350 XLT SuperCab DRW 460 EFI ~~~~~~~~~1991 Mustang GT 5-Liter 5-speed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 12/23/01 1:12pm ]</font>

See less See more
#5 ·
I will look around for you here, I havent seen any but mind you I dont look. But I will
now.
Tom, you still have the Red Fastback right. Could you send me the picture of it again.
Thanx
Why isnt your web addy on your profile yet. Get it on there boy.
Rick

68 Fairlane/70 Cougar

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dark7068 on 12/23/01 1:31pm ]</font>

#6 ·
I put a tan interior in the white car,so I guess a black stripe would be more correct for it?

I did find a guy who makes "resin" 65 Falcon models and even advertises them as A/FX cars in his ads!

I have talked to him a couple times at the models shows around here about them,but havent gotten one from him yet.

I dont know alot about "resin" kits as far as what it takes to finish one up?

My friend said sometimes you just get the body and everything else you have to borrow from other models in the same scale.

Kinda sounds like it could be hard to figure out?

#7 ·
DynoTom, Is there an easy way to take the wheels off a Hot Wheels and put them on a different model? I'd like to put the wide whites from a Phaeton onto the Track T.

#13 ·
Does anyone know where or if I can find a model kit of a 67' Fairlane? My dad used to have a 64, and a 67 Fairlane and I want to build him models of them. I've got the 64, just haven't seen a 67'.

#16 ·
Ron Meyer, The SVO model?

It has t-tops on it,does your real car?

Not a bad looking model,its made by MPC and has good detail.

I guess low cost of the model and the hassle of shipping stuff kinda make me not want to ship models.

But your close to me in location,let me think about it a little?

I think this SVO Mustang kit has been out of production for a while now,but they might have brought it back in a different box.

#17 ·
DynoTom

No, mine doesn't have t-tops. But I'd like to have an SVO model anyway. Haven't seen too much as far as toys on the SVO. Let me know If you decide to get rid of it.

I also wish someone made a diecast or model of a 67/68 Mustang coupe.

I've got about a dozen model, a couple hundred HotWheels, matchbox, and Johney Lightning cars, plus about 30 1/18 scale diecasts. Want more, but running out of room for them.

#22 ·
On 2001-12-28 21:33, rod n az wrote:
Have you found a 68 Fairlane formal roof yet?
There is a huge model and toy show Jan. 19th. I go to around here,I will look for the formal roof 68-69 Cobra model there for you.

If its cheap like 10-15 bucks maybe Ill pick a couple up,I wouldnt mind having one and maybe you would buy the other one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.