Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am converting my 64 sprint from a bench seat to buckets. Are the mustang 65/66 buckets the same seat frames? Falcon seat frames are getting few and far between out here it seems!

·
Registered
634 Posts
I tried some 66 mustang ones in my 64 futura and they sat to low for me. It may be the difference is in the track , There are some falcon ones on EBAY now at allmost $400.00 the last time I looked. They were good looking red ones.Going to high for me as I would have to change the color to blue.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
The Mustang seat is much smaller than the Falcon. I guess you'll just have to step up and throw out some cash unless you'll be happy with aftermarket seats. Otherwise you'll just have to stick with the original bench.

John

·
Registered
465 Posts
I tried some 66 mustang ones in my 64 futura and they sat to low for me. It may be the difference is in the track , There are some falcon ones on EBAY now at allmost $400.00 the last time I looked. They were good looking red ones.Going to high for me as I would have to change the color to blue.
Early Mustang seats set lower since they are thinner and don't have the higher tracks like the falcon. But if you have the falcon tracks they can be adapted easy enough. The mustang tracks are longer than falcon. Otherwise you will have to fab' riser blocks to get them up where you are comfortable with them.

The early mustang seats even used colors and patterns somewhat similar to falcon seats. They may be a little smaller, mostly a little narrower but otherwise look good in a falcon.

R

1 - 7 of 7 Posts