Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a stock style speaker for the dash in my '65 Falcon? All I have found so far are those over-priced(IMO) dual voice ones on Ebay. I don't need it to be anything fancy. I just need one that fits the opening and will put out sound. Does anyone know if a '67-'68 Mustang one will work? They appear the same but I only have pictures to go by.
Thanks

·
Registered
380 Posts
Any 5X7 should fit if it has the single mounting screws on the end. Check J.C.Whitney on line. Most stereo or auto radio shops may not sell single speakers.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Finding one should not be to hard , but finding one that will last any time at all has been my problem. They get dry and brittle with the heat build up i guess, never seem to last long. But then maybe it's because i'm cheap and won't spend much for one . I never listen to the radio much , blocks out the sound of my exhaust and engine , :).

·
Registered
380 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Any 5X7 should fit if it has the single mounting screws on the end. Check J.C.Whitney on line. Most stereo or auto radio shops may not sell single speakers.
Not just any. It has to be shallow enough not to interfere with the radio. I tried a couple of off the shelf speakers that didn't fit.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
....I never listen to the radio much , blocks out the sound of my exhaust and engine , :).
X2

:D

Try Dearborn Classics, Kens Falcon or Falcon Enterprises. I'm pretty sure they all sell them.

John

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
They do, along with ebay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts