Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to give my 64 Falcon a sleeper/old school look by putting old "dog dish" hubcaps on my 15 inch steel wheels.
Trouble is all the dog dish caps I'm finding are for either 13 or 14 inch wheels.
Anyone aware of a newer Falcon that had 15 inch wheels with dog dish hubcaps? I tried some hub caps that were supposed to come off a 14 inch wheel, but they only measure 9.5 inches diameter and they don't even fit an old 14 inch wheel I have. Guess these must have been for 13 inch wheels?
Appreciate any ideas.

·
Registered
289 Posts
StevePA is right about the wheel size. Only 15" wheels with dog dish that I've seen on the older fords were the Kelsey Hayes truck wheels. You can also check out Wheel Vintiques website and they would have every style of any size for all our fords.

·
Registered
634 Posts
50s era ford passenger cars ,56 for sure , had 15 " wheels with full size or small caps. The small caps will have the FORD name on them. Don't like to call them "dog dish" as that's an insult to ford cars' L.O.L. Use that on CHEVYS. The 64 falcon came with 13" 4 lug or 5 lug wheels that used the same cap. I thought the 64 falcon station wagon had 14" and used the same small cap, not sure. I don't know what they did from 65 and newer.:)

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
R U looking to use the FALCON center cap or the full size (FORD) center cap?

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Well.... I can tell you that I have never seen any 60's or 70's Falcons with 15" rims from the factory, and I can't find any 14" center caps that say Falcon.
Sure you have. Think really hard...

As for FALCON badged center caps, they were on later models.

I made an error. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

In All Actuality...

I didn't make an error. I was only briefly mistaken...

There were FALCON badged center caps in 1964... :D

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
No really, all the Falcon's I've come across even the 70.5 that I saw one time and boooooy was it ugly... Had 14" rims.

I have a set of 4 for my 13" wheels that say FALCON (they used them on early 60's Falcon Van's before they changed to econoline) and the early van had 14" wheels.

I never seen a falcon with "factory" 15" wheels, but they might exist.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I never seen a falcon with "factory" 15" wheels, but they might exist.
The 70 1/2 FALCON was available with 15" steel wheels (performance option 351C/429).

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I'm looking to give my 64 Falcon a sleeper/old school look by putting old "dog dish" hubcaps on my 15 inch steel wheels.

Trouble is all the dog dish caps I'm finding are for either 13 or 14 inch wheels.

Appreciate any ideas.
OK... Let's try this again. You want 15" steel wheels on your 64 FAIRLANE to duplicate the HP look of the mid-sixties?

I assume you want the 64 center cap style? The 14" caps should fit a 15" wheel of the period as they came thru on the 427 GALAXY. 13" wheel center caps were smaller in dia.

I will be back at my MPC this weekend to double check.

OH!

We are going to need pictures once it is finished... :tup:

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
:eek:

I'LL BE DAMNED!... well, I guess I am...

I knew that center cap was available . My father bought a 64 FUTURA that had them.

OK...

FORD Center Cap C4AZ 1130-A 10 1/2" DIA (FORD) (FORD DECORATED)
FORD Center Cap C4OZ 1130-A 9 1/2" DIA (FAIRLANE and FALCON) (FORD DECORATED)

The cap shown in the photo (C4DZ 1130-D) is 9 1/2" DIA. There was also another FALCON specific, C3DZ 1130-A 9" DIA.

I guess they varied by trim level.

So, to answer the gentleman's question, the C4AZ 1130-A is the only cap to fit the 15" wheel and it would be period correct.

Never say never regarding FOMOCO... ;)

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
15" only came on the wagon if I am reading this right.....

You cannot go by showroom brochures. They not always described correctly or in detail the options available. You also have to watch PUB DATES on them closely.

The 70 1/2 FALCON was a go between from earlier FALCON and the replacing MAVERICK. It was offered in HP trim and came with 15" wheels if you ordered them. Also MAGNUM 500 was available.

This was a true period muscle/super car (one of few ever offered by FORD) in 429CJ/SCJ form.

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
You cannot go by showroom brochures. They not always described correctly or in detail the options available. You also have to watch PUB DATES on them closely.

The 70 1/2 FALCON was a go between from earlier FALCON and the replacing MAVERICK. It was offered in HP trim and came with 15" wheels if you ordered them. Also MAGNUM 500 was available.

This was a true period muscle/super car (one of few ever offered by FORD) in 429CJ/SCJ form.
Good stuff!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
KULTULZ
Appreciate the info! I was out of town last week and am just checking feedback now.
I have the exact dog dish (sorry) hub cap as the one in your pic, which measures 9.5 inches in diameter, but it doesn't even fit my stock 14 inch steel wheel. Guess I'll put them up on EBay.
It sounds like, based on your info, that I need to find:
FORD Center Cap C4AZ 1130-A 10 1/2" DIA (FORD) (FORD DECORATED), which may fit both 14 and 15 inch steel factory wheels?
The search is on! Thanks for the lead.
Steve

:eek:

I'LL BE DAMNED!... well, I guess I am...

I knew that center cap was available . My father bought a 64 FUTURA that had them.

OK...

FORD Center Cap C4AZ 1130-A 10 1/2" DIA (FORD) (FORD DECORATED)
FORD Center Cap C4OZ 1130-A 9 1/2" DIA (FAIRLANE and FALCON) (FORD DECORATED)

The cap shown in the photo (C4DZ 1130-D) is 9 1/2" DIA. There was also another FALCON specific, C3DZ 1130-A 9" DIA.

I guess they varied by trim level.

So, to answer the gentleman's question, the C4AZ 1130-A is the only cap to fit the 15" wheel and it would be period correct.

Never say never regarding FOMOCO... ;)

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
The FALCON center cap is for 13" wheels.

The C4AZ 1130-A is shown in this photo of a 64 Lightweight

1 - 17 of 17 Posts