Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy can any tell me what is a good seat to use for a 63 falcon going from bench to buckets also if any on has a set for sale hit me up thanks again

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have a set of seats in my car that come from Summit racing. They look like the old style seats and recline. they are Procar lowback seats. $265 each. They seem to be of good quality and are comfortable.They look right in the car. Roger

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I've used those seats in a build and I liked them but the owner didn't care for the seat height. So I had to lower the mounts but I could only get them about an inch lower. This was not in a Ford and like I said I liked the seats.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My son and I installed 2000 Chrysler PT Cruiser seats in his 65 Falcon 4 door after taking out the bench seat. difficulty level-4

They were $30 each at the local you-pull junkyard.

They were in excellent condition.
They were very comfortable.
They fit the 65 Falcon interior space well.

Not difficult to install, just some angle brackets and grade 10 stainless nuts, bolts and washers from Ace Hardware, probably $35 to $40 in hardware.
Took about 2 hours and you need a tape measure, a sharpie, and a drill and drill bit the size of your bolts.

I had a VERY difficult time putting 2006 Pontiac G6 bucket seats in my 1992 Chevy S10. difficulty level-8 FWD seats in a regular cab RWD little truck...ugh.

Yesterday I installed a 2000 Chevy Astro third row leather bench seat in my son's 1976 Ford Ranchero. difficulty level-6

My best advice:

Tip #1: Look for a donor car that is rear wheel drive, the floors and seat bolt patterns will be closer to yours..
Front wheel drive vehicles usually have a very flat floor with no trans hump or drive shaft tunnel to contend with so their seats are lower and closer to the floor.
Tip #2: 2 door car seats lean forward for access to the back seat. If you get nice seats from a 4 door, they won't lean forward.

Tip # 3: Good sources for seats that should bolt in pretty easy: 83-up Thunderbird, Cougar 83- 97, any Mustang, Lincoln Mark VII, Mark VIII, Camaro, and Firebird.
Maybes to check out in junkyard: 2 door BMW 3 series, any BENZ SL, JAG XJS, Prelude, earlier Celica, Lexus SC, RX-7/8.

Good luck!
Post pics of what you install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts