Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Anyone have or know where I can get a set of V-8 Spindles for my 62 Falcon?

Thanks
Steve [email protected]
Steve you can use 64 or 65 Mustang spindles or 74 Maverick spindles unless you are planning on keeping everything as it is. Looking for the Mustang parts are far cheaper than looking for the Falcon parts. I have a 63 Falcon 200 I6 and I am changing everything to a V8 suspension and I am using the 74 Maverick spindles with everything else (ball joints, A-arms, springs, ect.) Mustang parts.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
You can use all Mustang spindles up to '73, Maverick, Comet, Falcon, Fairlane, Granada etc. Anything that a Granada spindle will fit on. So that means they are all interchangeable, so I would think.

I'm using 73 Mustang.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You can use all Mustang spindles up to '73, Maverick, Comet, Falcon, Fairlane, Granada etc. Anything that a Granada spindle will fit on. So that means they are all interchangeable, so I would think.

I'm using 73 Mustang.

what is the difference that needs to happen. I am putting an 8 in my 62 as well, and the guy i got it from gave me granada spindles/drums (4 bolt pattern). think he said '65. is it a bearing diference or bigger brakes? need different/special tie rod ends? will my stock upper lower control arms fit? I've done a lot of wild/weird mopar stuff but don't have the guru info about fords.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Steve, heres what has to happen. First you need a set of disc brake spindles. The cheapest way is to use Granada ones. They are plentiful and cheap. Now, they will fit right in as long as your upper ball joint is mounted via 4 bolts(or rivets) If you have the three rivet type youll need to change upper and lower controll arms. The lower arms are still available at any parts store. The uppers are also available through many after market places. Just make sure you get V8 ones. You should also upgrade steering linkage to V8 as well. Check out Mustangs Plus. Most of the stuff is interchangable with Falcon. Youll also have to change the brakeline to go to the front of the spindle. The best way is to find an old doner Granada. Dont forget to use a master cyl set up for discs as well. Ford never changed the mounting on their master cylenders, so just about any one will fit. You just cant use a booster as there is no room. Good luck..

Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey finkster ill take those spindles.. I got A 63 im doing the same thing too. its the original 144 i6 . but looks like a mud racer going down the road . please let me know if u still have them . thanx.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Steve, heres what has to happen. First you need a set of disc brake spindles. The cheapest way is to use Granada ones. They are plentiful and cheap. Now, they will fit right in as long as your upper ball joint is mounted via 4 bolts(or rivets) If you have the three rivet type youll need to change upper and lower controll arms. The lower arms are still available at any parts store. The uppers are also available through many after market places. Just make sure you get V8 ones. You should also upgrade steering linkage to V8 as well. Check out Mustangs Plus. Most of the stuff is interchangable with Falcon. Youll also have to change the brakeline to go to the front of the spindle. The best way is to find an old doner Granada. Dont forget to use a master cyl set up for discs as well. Ford never changed the mounting on their master cylenders, so just about any one will fit. You just cant use a booster as there is no room. Good luck..

Matt
Hey I'm only 12/ 13 years late on this ha. However in regards to a brake booster, a 1989 geo ford brake booster will fit on just about anything because it's a small weird euro car design. I have a 1962 Falcon and it fits fine. The part is around 200 dollars. Now if only I can figure out if I have the proper spindles because twice now my outer tie rod has broke in half during my 8 years of owning it. And my center link is rubbing against the oil pan( I've got a 302 in it). It's a frankenstein car and I got it that way, so I have no idea what is what on there and I'm not even a tinkerer let alone a mechanic. 5 lug,15 rims with Maverick calipers, so I'm assuming Maverick spindles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts