Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving through Culver City today and saw this sitting on the side of the road on Sepulveda Blvd. and hit the brakes as I said almost out loud "What the ****?" So I had to pull over and take a closer look and a few snap shots.
Just as I was about to get back in my vehicle I saw this old coot walking down the sidewalk just existing the Pep boys and I guessed right, he was the owner of the car. I started in with a few questions and he answered as he never missed a beat getting into his car talking all the while, starting it up and driving off. Guess he did not feel like being bothered: lol:. Anyway all I got out of him before he drove off was that it was a Falcon (like I did not know that) and he had done the custom work on it some 25 years ago. Could tell that it had a nice sounding V-8 in it as he turned the key and went rolling off onto the asphalt horizon.
Thought you guys and gals might enjoy the pics.
Ras Daniel

·
Premium Member
5,389 Posts
Something different, and it would still look cool if it was updated with today's custom tricks.
Why don't we see these things done much anymore?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: danv on 9/21/06 8:01pm ]</font>

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
On 2006-09-21 05:01, danv wrote:
Something different, and it would still look cool if it was updated with today's custom tricks.
Why don't we see these things done much anymore?
because everybody thinks there vehicle is a "classic" and it will ruin that if they customize it. Nobody wants to ruin a classic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sharpshot71 on 9/22/06 1:20am ]</font>

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Hey that's one of those rare "Mustacafalcacheros" ( say that 3 times fast!) Very cool, Thanks for the pics! Stu

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
On 2006-09-22 12:43, CaptVirgilHilts wrote:
Hey that's one of those rare "Mustacafalcacheros" ( say that 3 times fast!) Very cool, Thanks for the pics! Stu
Can't..

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Thoes tailliights are Galaxie station wagon, aren't they?

I think the reason you don't see many cars like that any more (they would probably call that a "Semi-Custom"...back in the day)...is it takes time and some skill to do it right. That doesn't look like a fiberglass kit, so that pretty much puts it out of reach for most shops. Well...maybe with a couple of pints of bondo and some "chicken wire"...

By the way...
for doing the right thing, blocking out the license plate. The way things are today, some butt would look it up (public records) and steal it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Beoweolf on 9/23/06 4:01am ]</font>

·
Registered
629 Posts
On 2006-09-22 12:43, CaptVirgilHilts wrote:
3 times fast??? I can't even say that one time slow!!!

Seriously though, that is a very sweet looking little ride, and I agree with what others have said, now a days, it's almost looked upon as sacreligious to cut a classic to modify it in anyway...just think about all the restomods you see...most are done in a way that any mods can be quickly reversed and put the car back to original condition with minimal time and work...all for the sake of the almighty dollar.
If it's done tastfully, like this one...I love to see someone modify a car, even newer ones...it is what in my opinion that gives them personality. A stone stock, off the showroom floor look is still nice, and so is a accurately restored classic...but every now and then, give me a little something off the beaten path.
Just my .02 cents worth.
Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts