Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
21,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't think there is really anyone near by but i'm off early in the morning for the show. Know 2 others that will be there from the NW Galaxie club and i know there will be other non-Ford owners i know there. But just in case, stop on by and say howdy. There was a fairly good turnout there last year. All makes are welcome in case you were wondering about the non-ford ones. It's hosted by the Ford V8 club.

Saw Jholmes/jeff at the Yelm show saturday, he found a Mach so is now selling his other ride
jholmes stang.jpg

·
Administrator
21,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Went to the Graham show, think the Fords out numbered the others this year. Got to see my second 1928 Dodge Brother's car. This one not as cool as the other but it was a 4 door sedan. He did know the other car also so i got my question answered about the box to the left of the rear seat etc. The other one came from Yakima. The passenger seat folds up under the dash to allow the lady to get in the back seat and have room for her dress and the box is for her hat. That one is called an Opera Coupe. He said with the strap shocks it actually rides pretty smooth, especially compared to a model T. I totally didn't get a pic of this one except the inside but it had one repaint...in 1955! Didn't look that old, i guess because the good stuff was still in the paint back then! lol

There were 4 '64 galaxies counting mine. The 2 red ones were wrecked so maybe a reason red isn't a good color? lol Talked to the man again that's trying to sell the '64 on CL. He said when done with the Plymouth he'll be fixing the '64. Maybe the wife will have it then when it's fixed as it was to be her car. Told him if i had the money to throw around i'd buy it and drive it like it is but change the color of the primer. But i'm not the norm! Then i could have one of each!

There was a black '64 HT there and his car has swingaway steering column like mine. So that makes approx 3 i've seen other than my own. Wasn't a popular option at all from what i've seen. But back then $50 was a lot of money to have it. He was from Kirkland.

Then there was Bill Logan's white '64. 427 marine engine it says on the VC. Didn't even think to ask him if that's because when assembling they ran out of the regular so put that in. He worked at the factories for years and was telling me how if they ran out of something, say the mirrors, they could put a different one on there as long as it was a step up, if they put a lower cost or lower whatever one on it would be put out in a parking lot where it waited to have the mirrors changed. I can't remember the number of cars but he said a certain amount of Z code Galaxies got the P code engine to use them up at the end of model run or something like that as they didn't have any Z codes and wanted to use up the Ps. I love talking to Bill, he has all kinds of good stories to tell. When i see him next time i'll have to ask bout his engine. Also learned the convertible door window is also dif from HT. Didn't know that, thought only the quarter window was different. So Bill rolled my window up and showed me how they slope down. Learned something new!

It was another good day. Had a pinto wagon guy next to me and fuzzy mike as i call him was across from me almost with his '65 stepside w/390.

I changed the settings so the album is public if you want to take a look. I missed a few by saying i would come back to it because too many people were around it and then forget!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151224808922994.516775.659932993&type=3

·
Administrator
21,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Surfin Bird reminded me of an algae eater at the right angle with the turned down open nose. lol Or maybe a sand shark or whatever they are called.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts