Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fan shroud & fan w/ clutch: 71 mustang/marguis. ARE THEY THE SAME OR CAN WORK WITH EACH OTHER?

ok the 460 swap in the mach is coming quite nicely now. there is now a 71 marguis at the local junkyard and i could use the fan shroud & fan with clutch if its the same. i need one and getting this one for 8 dollars would save me time and money. and it would of been nice to get this car here 6 months ago when i needed, alt brackets, p/s brackets, pullies, and a kickdown rod.

also i know the 71 429scj came with a 7 blade fan so i was thinking i should have a 7 blade as well. i'm not sure but my 351w now only has 6 blades and prolly won't fit on my 460 waterpump anyways. so would this 71 marguis 7 blade fan with fan clutch work for my application? or should i get a fan without a clutch?

but hey, the fan shroud is here. can i use it on my mustang 460 swap? it looks around the same size as the one in my mustang now with a 351c stuff in it but with a 351w.

i wouuld think it should work because most 71 ford has alot of interchangable parts. am i wrong?

please let me know if i can use this shroud. thanks.

olie

"yea, can i have a cheeseburger with no cheese, and a hamburger with cheese please"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xoliex on 10/27/03 5:32pm ]</font>

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
fan shroud & fan w/ clutch: 71 mustang/marguis. ARE THEY THE SAME OR CAN WORK WITH EACH OTHER?

oh yea, the marguis is a 429.

·
Subscriber
329 Posts

you should definitly try the Marquis clutch fan. you may have seen the Hot Rod or car craft article where they showed that a non clutch fan cost them 40 HP! Some shroud is better than no shroud.

·
Registered
14,758 Posts

Believe me when I say they are different. Try to find a big block Mustang/Torino/Cyclone fan shroud on eBay... priceless! PM me... I'll tell ya how to go about running it

·
Registered
398 Posts

Qtrmiler, I'd be interested in what you have in mind, also.

I just got done dropping a 466/C6 into my '71 351C Torino. I was able to trim the 351 fan shroud to fit, but it is not a permanent solution.

I'd like to find a better way if there is one that allow the use of a regular fan.

Thanks,

Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts