Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On 10/07/06 I got to race my first race in my dad's 65 Buick in Kingman Az. My first race was a dry run no one lined up with me but it was OUTSTANDING..Because it gave me a change to get the butterflies out.
My 2nd race was against my dad in his 64 Ford Galaxy which you can find under Bills photos or somewhere in here some have been watching as he has redone everything.
Anyway he challenged his daughter a veteran drag racer Bill Bailey and Me first time out..HUH wonder who won that one..but it was the thrill of my life...and It was exciting for him to have both his cars and his eldest daughter out there with him..
Just thought I would share a little piece of history and heaven with all of you

·
Registered
224 Posts
What a treat it was for this old man to be able to go back in time and forward to the future on the same day with my beautiful daughter Shawna along side me. She came down from her home in Utah to watch me race my 64 Galaxie at the Kingman Air And Auto Show with my two wonderful Grandchildren. She was about 2 years old the last time she saw me race my 63 Galaxie with factory 427, She had driven my 65 Buick Gran Sport to the show and shine.She watched my first run against a newer Mustang and was so excited when I won the race. She loved the drag racing so much I asked her if she would like to try her luck at the tree driving the 65 Buick, she was in shock and gladly agreed. I lined up with her in the right lane and when the tree began I was amazed on her reaction since she started right on and this was only her 2nd experience racing, I saw her by my side a few seconds and she slowly dropped back into my rear view mirror I was surprised and so proud of her. She has had the love of cars and has followed the NASCAR races for many years. She is now hooked on drag racing.
I hope the day comes when we can do it all again. Thanks for listening,
Bill Bailey ( Proud Fatherand Grandfather)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Wow, sounds like a great time for everyone! My dad use to take me to every auto swap and car show he could, and now I can't pass a milk crate full of parts or smell the interior of an old car without thinking about those times.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your comments...
I'm looking forward to reading and researching further and someday maybe getting a 68 mustang that me and my dad can rebuild together and then I can spank him on the next race..LOL
This website is a bundle of information and I'm enjoying it.

Happy Repairs, Happy Retores,

Good Luck to All

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Bill, you only think she is an unseasoned racer. Do you really know what she did when she used to borrow the family car? :^)

·
Registered
224 Posts
gbeeler,
you hit the nail on the head with that one, maybe I better think twice about lining up with her the next time. Take care gbeeler,
Bill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gbeeler and dad,
I've learned everything I know about cars and racing and breaking all the rules from my daddy..LOL not to mention what daddy don't know won't hurt him...
Beautiful Car gbeeler..
Love you Dad...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts