Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a 3 groove crank pulley but I think it would be 65 and 66 only but would other years work,the crank pulley was missing when I bought the car and years ago when I had a 65 country squire and dropped a 390 from a 67 in it I thought they were different but thats been 20 years ago.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I am looking for a 3 groove crank pulley but I think it would be 65 and 66 only but would other years work,the crank pulley was missing when I bought the car and years ago when I had a 65 country squire and dropped a 390 from a 67 in it I thought they were different but thats been 20 years ago.
Hello junkyardjeff,

Yuppers the '65/'66 crank pulleys are different than '67/'68's. With the 3 groove pulley being for air conditioning and a very expensive option I would try the Southwest junkyards like Desert Valley Auto Parts or CTC Auto Ranch as people would have been more likely to splurge on expensive A/C on a car back then people from the Midwest.

You could also look up the Ford part number in the Master Parts Catalogue then type that number in an internet search and you may get lucky and find one on E-Bay or something like that.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts