Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
1 oil fill tube (need that when using baldy valve covers} 2 temp sensor/sending unit 3 & 4 vacuum ports.. brake booster , pcv ??
thats my best guess..

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
The guys are exactly right

The two angled ones are to allow the use of a CJ dual PCV. You can use either for a vacuum source for power brakes or PCV or you can plug them with a pipe plug

The one in the front center of the intake, is in water - its for your water temp gauge

The big one is for an oil fill tube on early cars. Guys generally plug it with a freeze plug, but you could get a fill tube too (5 bucks for a plug versus 50 for a tube) as long as you have a way to put oil in a valve cover, which it looks like you do

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
These might help. The black cap by the dipstick is the oil filler tube and the red/blue is the temp gauge.
Rickyracer is that your shop? We were RAD customers in the day for machine shop work when it was on Rte 20 near K-Mart, and if remember correctly, later in town near the old Big Y

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Sorry to say no it isn't. I have also used them many moons ago. Good people know their stuff.
We used to run a mostly truck repair shop in Ware, MA, used them as a machine shop until one came to town. Been a very long time

·
Registered
202 Posts
This one is better value, although it's missing a couple of parts:
Front intake fitting: (although this seems really expensive - I have one its yours for $25 plus postage)
PCV valve: have one of those too for $25.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I have the whole setup except the rubber hoses you can have for $100 plus postage...

·
Registered
1 Posts
As some extra info . . these F-427 were produced for oil filler tubes and some were not. I would guess the later ones did not have the provision . . but I own both so I know they were produced both ways. If anyone can give a date to when the switch was made, I would be interested . . I'm a nerd that way :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts