Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Building my first ford engine. Its a 390fe. a little help with 2 questions will be greatly appreciated.
1)if block is decked & heads milled.. will I have issuce with valve adjustment /geometry eventhough cam will be very mild Isky 256?
2)oil restriction on head mod say to use holley jet. Oil hole for rockers is larger diameter than entire jet... im not suppose to just drop it in there?? Am I?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir... I was doing as much research as possible before I even started this build. I will order tool, mockup and measure for pushrod length, then order pushrods accordingly.. I will also tryn set how those jets fit.. i should have a number of dbl pump holleys parted out..ive got 80s jets for sure no 90s tho... thanx again

·
Registered
120 Posts
Jets drop right into the hole. The head bolt keeps them from falling lower and the rocker bolt keeps them from coming up. A .090 is too big, and an .080 is on the large side of OK. We usually go .060....

Measure your pushrods to zero clearance - then add .050 to the number to get a length that will provide for proper lifter pre-load.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts