Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While doing my valve seals my rented spring compressor let loose and my piece hit the garage floor. I found everything pretty easily since they landed right in front of where I was sitting. Problem is the retainer we into a black hole and into another dimension. I've looked all over the garage where it could have gone, but have come up empty. Seems Ford no longer carries them and neither do the local parts stores. Even my go to Galaxie yard couldn't help since the couple of cars they have are small block cars.

Does anyone have a spare one or know where I can get one? There are some on ebay, but there are 7 or more packets and all I need is one so I can get my 352 back together and in the car. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, but that isn't oem. I haven't figured how to post in this forum yet or I'd post a pic of what I lost. Here is the oem part number C6AZ-6514-A. I've found them on eBay in a set of seven for $40.

Ford NOS 428 VALAVE Spring Retainers Set of 16 C 6 AZ 6514 a for sale online | eBay

That may be the way to go, but I hate to pay that much for a $5 part. I struck out at the couple of machine shops I got through to. The girl I talked to at a local NAPA, said they had something that may be like the oem, but I'd have to by the set of 16 for $90. I'm kind of hoping someone here may have upgraded their engine and had some lying around and willing to mail me one for around $10. I still haven't given it up falling back out of that black hole and miraculously reappearing. The Lord works in mysterious ways, so maybe some praying will help me get this engine back together. Paying insurance on a car that's been sitting in the driveway for the last month is killing me.🙏

·
Registered
540 Posts
Junk yard or machine shop in your area? Ford made tens of millions of them. Same in 390s through '74.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Between NOS Parts LTD, Green Sales, McDonald Obsolete, etc. it shows 498 of them in stock. Maybe one of them will have it for close to what you want to pay.

Might want to check RearCounter.com for more info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice. I tore my garage apart this evening and finally found it. It was behind a caster wheel under some motorcycle engine I had stored in the opposite side of the garage. I moved the items in front of the engines and looked under them the night I lost it, but I never pulled them out for a really good look. Actually I didn't think it could have gotten where it was. Too much junk blocking it. 🤔 Guess I need to get rid of some junk.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Junk?"

That's my wife's terminology, it's easier to go with it than to explain that everything will eventually be needed.😉

That junk, consists of fishing poles, brush trimmers and associated items, 5 Suzuki GS engines, a couple of different motorcycle seats, the original Galaxie air cleaner, 77 F170 air cleaner and hubcaps(another project), containers of misc fasteners.......... You know the accumulation of years of different projects and garage items and no good place to store them. I'm an admitted pack rat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts