Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll be there, no car, due to no slicks. ill run her if someone lets me rent 28x9 slicks or 28x10.5 et streets, no cage yet, it goes this week...if i dont get the tires

·
Registered
553 Posts
I wish I could be there.

Hey Mike, Greg was nice enough to send me a vid at the beginning of which was your Dyno run at the BBR openhouse. Now I've never been to a dyno session before, but man the sound of that 545 came through loud and clear!
I think I'm next to you at WW, talk about CI Envy.

Great numbers, sorry to hear about the Tranny which is what I was curious about. If you don't mind me asking, did you just rebuild/upgrade or did you go to an entirely different unit? I was also curious what cam and set of gears are you runnin?

Thanks

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem was the hardend inpupt shaft was 1/4 too short, and the splines were cut too deep, result the convert was stripped out, inside the trans was perfect, so I installed the power planet and PA trans input, all is well, Chilly got the converter and shirt, car was running sunday, after the long drive back from Columbus
, one thing, the converter had 7/16 studs instead of 1/2", swaped fly wheel , didnt want to alter the warranty.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Chilly, it's much better to have holes for bolts than studs on the converter. Trust me, it's soo much easier to bolt up the bellhousing without having to worry about converter to flexplate stud alignment. Bolt the trans up first, then turn the converter to lign up the converter bolt holes to the flexplate.

Good to hear you trans was alright Mike. At least you now have the 6 pinion planetary and hardened input shaft from PA in it without having to replace everything else. What stall is your converter?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry chilly, it has treaded holes, stall was 3500-3800 10" with anti balloon plates etc... seams fine

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry chilly, it has treaded holes, stall was 3500-3800 10" with anti balloon plates etc... seams fine

·
Registered
261 Posts
Was the shootout rained out today? I assume it was, Rained hard here in Western MD. When is it scheduled to be run again?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts