Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i was directed here from corral about c4 questions. Maybe you can help me

1. The forward drum is the drum that everyone gets a solid drum for right? Is the drum just that, 1 solid piece? I though all of my drums were 1 pc but i guess im wrong.
2. is there ANY way to id a used VB to see if its in fact a reverse manual VB? ( I purchased a dynamic one (so i think) today just want to
verify its what i purchased)
3. My forward drum has 5 clutches and my intermediate drum has 4 clutches. Is this normal? What do i want to make my trans support some decent power (600+HP)
4. I assume kevlar bands, but what kinda rebuild kit, clutches and pump for the above HP would be recommended. . I plan to use red clutches, kevlar bands and my stock pump for now. But what kit to get? The PA kit is over 200 yet others are 60 or so. What gives there? I have a dynamic reverse manual VB btw.
5. what is all this "roller" stuff? What is all "rollerized" and how is it done? Torrington bearings instead of thrust washers? Roller bearings to replace those brass bushings?? What kinda benefit does this provide also? less rotating friction and parasitic loss?
6. Is there any way to check tolerances on those copper bushings in the trans to see if they ened to be replaced? None of mine have nicks or scratches but all are copper in color. It looks like they were originally that color as the color is even and there are no burn marks or other discolorations.
7. I hear of making fluid passage mods similar to the c5 to aid in lubrication? I hear of pulling the check ball from the pump. What all is involved in that and is it worth doing
Thanks for any input and opinions you can provide.

PS, I WILL be getting a hardened input shaft too

Dave

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TTVert on 2/3/03 10:28am ]</font>

·
Registered
158 Posts
question#1 the forward drum is the second drum behind the pump, another way to id is the input shaft splines into the forward drum. The drum is made of cast steel with an aluminum piston inside along with a belvue plate {aka return spring}

1 - 4 of 4 Posts