Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Will a c-4 trans off a 302 be strong enough to hold up with a 351c W/ around 360 HP bolted to it? I was told by a tranny dealer that is will not hold up. Is that true or is that just sales talk?
2. Will the torque converter off the 302 work with the 351?
More to come probably....

THANKS!
Matt

·
Premium Member
4,386 Posts
Yes your c4 will bolt up with no probs. I assume you have an early 302 with the 28oz balance.
How long it will last will depend on its current condition and what you use it for.If it's a 24 spline type it would be ok but a 26 spline c4 is better.
If it is stock it would help to fit a shift kit as a stock c4 will wear out pretty quick with some hard use.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gregaust-
Thanks for the tips.
I have a B&M transpack that I will use on it...should help out some.
I am not sure if it is a 24 or 26 spline, have to check when it is out tomorrow.
So, could I safley say that the c-4 will be fine for every-day use with occasional hard useage? (I have to see what the new engine is capable of!

Thanks again
Matt

·
Premium Member
4,386 Posts
Should be fine if it is working ok now..That transpak will help out to make it last.Even if it is a 24 spline input they are still pretty strong.
If the time comes and you have to rebuild have a look in the archives,theres a good rebuild article there i posted some time ago...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts