Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can purchase fiberglass bumpers, hood, and trunk lid for a '69 falcon coupe? I found a stock fiberglass hood from "US body source" for around $250 + shipping, but I have not been able to find bumpers or a trunk lid. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I have a couple of '69 Falcons and if I ever run across someone who has those parts available I will gladly let you know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Johnny Ray on 5/19/02 10:35am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately I have checked Crites. They have tons of stuff for '64-'65 afx clones (fiberglass panels)but I didn't see anything for '69s

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a 69 falcon, and I'm in the same boat. There is a place in Canada that sells parts, I'll try to dig up the website. If I remember, they were a little pricey. I promiste I'll check it out.

Pat

·
Registered
83 Posts
I purchased a hood from US body source and a cowl scoop from Unlimited. I had them bonded together and it is being painted right now. As far as I know there are no other sources for fiberglass parts right now. I am in the process of having bumpers made but I am not sure if it is going to happen.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
There is a guy from Florida that told me he would make bumpers if he had some straight ones to use to make the molds.

I wonder if he is the same guy you are using davidkee?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Probably the same guy. I just found out about it yesterday so I need to see where it goes. I have a cherry steel bumper on the front of my 69 right now. I believe the 66-69 rear bumpers are the same.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How is the fit on the USBody Source hood? I guess it doesn't matter because right now they are the only game in town for this piece! Keep me up to date on the fiberglass bumpers, if he needs a few orders to make it worth his while to mold them, I'm in!

·
Registered
83 Posts
The hood fits good. I would have done the support on the bottom a little different but overall it is a nice piece. I ended up using Dzus fasteners to attach it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I talked to Mike at MP Motorsports. He said he would make the molds from my bumpers but it would not be free. If I pay all of the freight both ways on the steel and glass bumpers he would sell the glass bumpers to me for $75 each. Mike said they would normally sell the bumpers for $100 each plus freight.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
That's not a very good deal. The stock bumpers will be at least $40-$50 minimum each to ship. I'm sure some place will do it for much less or for free minus shipping just so they can get nice molds for production. I know I would buy a fiberglass front if there were any offered and possibly a rear to match but like the weight over the rear for traction. Good luck with the front fiberglass bumper ordeal. Hope something turns up or a deal is made.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Here's a link to a place in canada that has some 'glass parts for falcons and other fords. I emailed them about a year ago on some prices and info for body parts. At that time they offered a one pc race only front end for around $500-$600, plus fenders, bumpers, doors, and hoods. You might try dropping them an email to see if they can help. When I emailed them I was discouraged by the prices, but I should get used to it owning a "orphan" like a '69 Falcon. ANYWAY, hope this helps

Pat

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts