Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local PPG supplier sold me UPOL flyweight gold (UPO 745) they use it the body shop and like it.

Darn part is, its a 2 to 1 mixture, which is greek to me, I am used to just globbing a wad of mud on the board, running a string of creme hardner across it and going to town.

The data sheets from the site, nor the can give you any how toos on this one. New technology to me! Been a while since I flung mud.

Any ideas experience. Chris

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I got a gallon of mud and 3 or 4 of these little foil pouches of activator? So you have to measure it out like fiberglass and hardner, actually measuring ounces - that sucks.

Other than the mixing, is it good stuff. What I read most folks like it, right up there with Rage. I went with it because its local and no shipping etc.

thanks, Chris

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
I've been through several $9 dollar gallons of generic filler and Rage Gold and Everlast and Extreme and I can' only find one flaw. If you use couple ounces of bondo thinner in a gallon of the $9 dollar stuff, it flows much better and has less pinholes than Rage or Everlast or any of those others....

To me, the key to a good bondo is a thorough mixture of the catalyst, followed by a thorough cure time. They're all the same under the paint if you allow them to cure.

A poor mixture will not set up fully and will make paint bubble up over time due to the solvents sapping out of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts