Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
It was a decent weather weekend and I had a little time to mess with the car so I went ahead and got the BOV installed as well as the power steering high pressure line built. I was going to put the air filter where I put the BOV but I think the filter will be on the other side or just above the BOV. Not sure yet. Radiator and fan fitment will dictate that. As for the power steering line, I had to run it longer and around where the oil lines from the block to the remote oil filter setup will end up. It's inevitable. I can't get a filter in there past the sway bar and steering setup. No biggie. I don't want to drip all over everything when I do change it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Well, I've been out of working on cars for a little while due to neck issues and other family hobbies. We have tons of kids sports and we love our side by sides out on the trails. I have been down for a fusion in my neck and spent the past few days mulling over the car and decided to at least get something to progress on it. So, I got the remote oil setup for it. Can't believe I'm only around $2000 in parts and then a paint job away from completion on this thing and I can't get it done. We just spent $10,000 on a full size RZR for my 12 year old who outgrew his little 170 quickly. I never had $10,000 toys even at age 17, let alone 12. I spoil them but they are good for it. Anyways, here's the new part. After surgery recovery, I'm going to install it. I am pretty sure I'm going to get the radiator this coming month too. Those and the MAF are really all I need for it under the hood.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
I got the oil filter setup installed. The only place it would work logically was on the framerail just in front o the engine. The lower radiator hose will have to come out over it and down to the radiator or something but that's what happens when you stuff 5lbs of something into a 3lb bag. She's coming along. Time for the radiator.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
I got my tuner in the mail today. Moates Quarterhorse J3 chip with Binary Editor and EEC Analyzer and Dongle. This is going to be interesting. I'm not a fan of tuning. Time to find a knowledgeable friend.

Wife had to wrap it for my birthday gift from her and the kids since it's my birthday....sometime this week. Otherwise, I'd post a pic or two.

Dave

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
I've spent most of my time lately on the 37, that I have hardly done anything to the Fairlane. I pulled the blower off so I can drive and tune and not blow it up or have to learn to tune that right off the bat. It's NA and might even stay that way. We'll see. I've played with the tuner a bit and found my TPS sensor connector was bad so I got another one installed. I'm putting the windows in to just drive it a bit before winter. Trying to get the 37 done so I can deliver it and get my garage space back.

Photobucket sucks lately. I ma not be posting many more pics if they don't get their stuff together.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Photobucket sucks lately. I ma not be posting many more pics if they don't get their stuff together.
forget about photobucket..
get a free acct and upload pictures to https://postimages.org/ instead...
they dont mind hosting your stuff

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Thanks! I'll give it a shot with a pic here.....

Should be my laptop hooked up to the car with a few of the data logging paramaters set. This is while my TPS was bad.

Dave

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Lets see if the new web pic host works......

New headlights installed. Just need a rear window seal and I can drive it. I need to install the windshield and rear window with their seals but otherwise, fasten the fenders completely and then get it on the road and feel it out.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
looks good..:tup::tup:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Looking great Dave, did you post what headlights you installed? Halogens,
Installed a wiring kit from Mad Electrical for battery relocation/wiring to front/Alt.wiring & the headlight relay kits. so now wiring will handle a good set of headlights, looking for a couple of halogens, I guess is a step up
All I can see around here are angel eyes halo type, (bit to much maybe),
Vendor at show on weekend sold me couple spec'd for mid size Fords, clear halogens, 5" oops,
F;lanes are little larger than 5"inchers,
Your F;lane on road now?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
I see you got the info in our E-mail. It's running and I can tune on it but I need to at least temporarily install the windshield with the new seal, buy a new rear window seal and temporarily install that as well and I can drive it. I'm too busy with kid's after school sports. We don't even eat dinner at home anymore with all the running. What little time I do get to work on the car, I spend getting the 37 done. I want to give that back to the owner soon so I can get to mine hard core. I need to tune well so I can get the supercharger installed and start tuning for that. Since winter is around the corner, I'll do more body work and hope to drive it next spring at least to work. I'm retired. This busy life is not supposed to be!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice project, will definitely follow. You've made an great progress overall, my buddy from DSRLeasing has recently taken something similar, but he haven't really even started yet. Cheers and good luck!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
I ordered a pair of 10" 1800CFM fans to fit around the blower. I installed a 180 thermostat with 2 holes drilled for the flow. I also ordered up a few -20AN fittings and hose to make a lower radiator hose rather than run some ugly clamp up and reducer setup. I got a few -20 weld in bungs for the radiator as well as a 3/8npt weld in bung for a switch for the fans rather than rely on the "in the fin" style of sensor. Cleaner and more reliable. On a good note, with all this, I made enough room to install an AC setup between the radiator and IC. I am going to swap over to a floor mount B+M or Hurst style shifter though. The detent in the steering column is not working out as well as planned and I want to make sure it can't accidentally be pushed into reverse or something. Oh well.

I'll have more pics of this stuff when it all gets in and I ge to working on it.

Dave

161 - 175 of 175 Posts