Thanks Rick! (again).
The motor's coming home tonite. I'm thinkin' it'll be plopped into place, and fired up, (without trans), by sunday. No sense in piddling away a week or so with nothing to do......... and then yank it out for the dyno session on march 7th.
(I'll try and get a video, and/or sound bytes of it)......
So I"m a celebrity, eh? Wow. And I thought it was ONLY in my mind.........
We ended up taking off .100" each side for the first cut. (my machinist wanted to take off .120", but the dude that did the original/first cut talked him out of it.).
In either case, it still fit like ****.
We ended up taking another .040" off the passenger side of the intake, and a total of .120" off the bottom ends.
Now it does fit very well.
It's going to be everyone's custom application. Chris/Chilly460's super vic fit almost to a T exactly like mine. Higher on one side than the other. That's why we took the additional off one side and not evenly on both.
We (or at least I will), never know if the original cut had been .120" on each side, it may have fit good, (after milling the bottom too).
It's on. It fits good. I'm happy.
It's also IN THE CAR, and if Ed hadn't misplaced my header bolts, it'd probably be running right now!
The headers that are going on it (when I get some bolts), are Hooker Super Comps. There are pictures posted of them on one of the other forums. They have 2" primary tubes, (that cover the HOLES rather well).
The dumps are 3 1/2".
With any luck, they will have been painted, (2nd coat), and bolted up by saturday. Sunday at the latest........Vrooom. Vroooom........