Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lookin' and lookin' for a Ford forum without much success. It seem like if somebody ain't into Fox body and newer Mustangs that there's no place to play. I joined the Galaxie owners club thinking the website had a forum, but was disappointed in their internet exposure since there's no live way to share ideas except with fowarded E mails to everybody on their membership list, so pretty well thought there wasn't anything better, or so I was told.

Actually I guess I'm a closet Ford owner. Most of my old cars are GM.......... heavy on Corvettes with a 2 Chevelles, 2 442's, a GTO, 427 Biscayne and a few other od balls in the mix, but the Fords keep on showin' up around me like old stray dogs, and I keep takin' em in.

I've had a '67 500 Shelby off and on for almost 20 years (sold once and bought back) and even a 64 Futura in the back section of the building for a long time now, and a Thunderbolt clone/project on E Bay 4 or 5 years ago was too tempting to pass up, but the one car that's always been on the want list, but just hasn't shown in the right example was a 63 1/2 R code Galaxie. Actually I've wanted one since high school in the late 60's and have only searched seriously for about the last 10 years or so, but seems like every one I've seen was either rusty junk, had the good stuff gone, or some other skelton in the closet. Anyhow, I heard a rumor of a local, original paint one that's been inside storage and hasn't seen daylight since the mid 80's, and even though I was skeptical after having lived here all my life and never hearing of the car or the owner, decided to try and track it down. The car was all I'd heard it was, and maybe then some. It is original paint and I can't find a part on the motor that doesn't fall in line date code wise except for the change to an alternator. Near as I can tell from not being a real experienced Ford guy, the motor and transmission are original as the seller claimed. Even the exhaust maniflolds fall in line close to the dates on the block. The paint ain't great, and somebody got the stupid idea to have the interior rolled and pleated in the 70's, but otherwise it's a real original car, and even though it's got some light pits in the rear lower quarters, I'm gonna keep it original paint instead of strippin' and painting it.

So......... I guess I'm out of the closet with the local Chevy guys, who can be REAL cliquish........... there ARE Fords in the building.

Anyway, I like the looks of this forum and maybe we can share an idea or chuckle from time to time.


<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolidLifters on 3/17/07 8:57am ]</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
596 Posts
Ya'll find lots of good info and knowlegeable people here. This forum has helped me out many times...Welcome
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,424 Posts
Welcome aboard
This is the best SB Forun around
in you ever need Ford I-6 info heres a good place
http://fordsix.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=ec7f1d6b08168ae77190c1d9c248a90f
and for BB Ford
http://www.460ford.com/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=fa52ae011e56827434fda6392dabb53c
Not saying you can't get info here but these sites deal most with them..

Tim


_________________
ALWAYS THE RED NECK WAY
61 Comet W/200
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/6415/comet2bj.jpg
64 International 4dr. truck w/466


<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pedal2themetal45 on 3/17/07 2:29am ]</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
664 Posts
hey solidlifter, theres a guy on here, rayell, who lives in Macon, has a nice 64 Gal with a 427. I think he goes to the cruise in's at the big peach in Byron, maybe you've seen his car before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
Solid lifters, welcome to FM from West Central Ga. (Columbus). There's a wealth of information in the forum archives. Rayell sent me some information on two auctions being held the weekend of April 6th, in Perry and Centerville. Lots of old cars and parts. I don't have the flyer with me, but maybe he can provide details.

How bout it Ray?

Rick

BTW Ray, I faxed a flyer to a friend a couple of weeks ago. He said that he can't go, but he passed the flyer on and has 5 friends going.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
The sale is from the estate of R.C. DeFoor, April 6th and 7th. RC didn't have no junk. Most of the cars that he bought were low milage originals. He bought mostly GM cars, but there are other makes. Over 100 cars, plus many parts, and tons of auto related items. You can call Bill Bonbrake at 478 743 1511 for more info, or email me or Pm and I will email you a flyer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On 2007-03-16 18:09, rayell wrote:
The sale is from the estate of R.C. DeFoor, April 6th and 7th. RC didn't have no junk. Most of the cars that he bought were low milage originals. He bought mostly GM cars, but there are other makes. Over 100 cars, plus many parts, and tons of auto related items. You can call Bill Bonbrake at 478 743 1511 for more info, or email me or Pm and I will email you a flyer.
Thanks for the welcome guys.

I'm familiar with the late R. C. DeFoor, and of course his son's car stuff too. I didn't realize that his collection was being auctioned, but a lot of serious car guys won't fool with Bonbrake, and I'm one of those people.


Neat lookin' '64. There was another one that came from the original owner in Eatonton that's in Twiggs county still as far as I know. When a '64 427 car was mentioned above I thought maybe that was it. This car was black and may've had red interior, but can't remember for sure. I got close to buying it about a dozen years ago from the original owner who kept saying it wasn't for sale, but somebody more persistent than me ended up with it for about half of what I'd offered for it at one time. Right place, right time I guess.


<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolidLifters on 3/17/07 11:27am ]</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
Hudsom & Marshall, Inc. is conducting the sale. Bonbrake is the coordinator of getting the cars ready for the sale.

We share the same opinion on the sales that Bonbrake has and/or dealing with him.


I gave the phone number on the flyer since he is getting the cars together, and knows what is there to be sold.

Ray
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
664 Posts
On 2007-03-16 20:26, SolidLifters wrote:


There was another one that came from the original owner in Eatonton that's in Twiggs county still as far as I know. When a '64 427 car was mentioned above I thought maybe that was it. This car was black and may've had red interior, but can't remember for sure. I got close to buying it about a dozen years ago from the original owner who kept saying it wasn't for sale, but somebody more persistent than me ended up with it for about half of what I'd offered for it at one time. Right place, right time I guess.
I lived in twiggs county for 25 years and have never seen it, but I don't know everybody.

Good to see you back on here Ray, I was wondering if you were still hanging around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
Haven't been around here much, since I started building my Ranchero. Gotta show FE how it's done. LOL That thing should be a six-pack of trouble. At least I know it has 6cyl. and it's trouble to get my thoughts together on it. It's fun to work on though.

I'm scared to tell Gary what I'm doing. He will tell me that I am all screwed up.


Ray
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On 2007-03-18 05:01, indigo66 wrote:

I lived in twiggs county for 25 years and have never seen it, but I don't know everybody.

Good to see you back on here Ray, I was wondering if you were still hanging around.
Foster brothers had there first, then it went to Gordon to the big Ford collector there. (Lavender)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
664 Posts
On 2007-03-19 16:08, SolidLifters wrote:
On 2007-03-18 05:01, indigo66 wrote:

I lived in twiggs county for 25 years and have never seen it, but I don't know everybody.

Good to see you back on here Ray, I was wondering if you were still hanging around.
Foster brothers had there first, then it went to Gordon to the big Ford collector there. (Lavender)
Foster brothers, as in WM's boys? Mike may have had it, I don't recall Mitch having owned one.

I tell you what,sometimes the internet makes for a small world.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
664 Posts
Must be Mike, if its the same Fosters. Mike's the one I don't really know, he's the Ford guy from what I've heard, and I think he lives in Gordon.

I saw your buddy (the one I got the 460 from) had the black/copper comet in his yard for sale. I really tried to talk my brother into buying that thing, I don't know why he didn't, wasn't my decision though.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top