Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been over a decade since I sold my last Fox body. It was an 88 notchback and I have regretted it ever since. Since I figured I would never find the one I wanted I moved on and never looked back. Recently I found the one Fox I always wanted. A four eyed notchback!. This car is an 86 notchback with no body damage and a whole lot of potential. It is a factory Regatta blue(3J) coupe with a 3.8 V6 and a C5 transmission. I am going to swap in a 5.0 and a T5. The entire suspension and brakes are going to be upgraded to SN95 specs with a lot of upgrades. This is the car with its horrendous paint covering the factory hue.

The car is completely intact and in serious need of some love.

This is the anemic 3.8.

Other pics.

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Very Cool! Love the Notchbacks.

Think you will have to change the K frame to go 5.0? If so, go with a tubular K frame. Save weight and open up some room to work.

Jet

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I am pretty excited about this car. The K member is the same between all of the 86 cars. I am going to keep the factory one since I am poor and it is in good shape. This car is going to have to be a budget build. I have 2 Bullit wheels to put on the back. Now I need to find 2 more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts