Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally after getting the run a round with ford first telling me nothing was wrong, then saying it wasn't getting spark and then saying it needed a fuel pump which they were going to charge me $670 to install, I took had it towed to another shop (non dealership) and had them install a new fuel pump for me. It was still expensive but not as much as what ford wanted.
This is what I paid today at the other shop.

Fuel pump (with sending unit)..$278
fuel filter...............................$14
fuel tank gromet.....................$26
labor.....................................$117
tax........................................$26

This is what the dealership wanted:

fuel pump and filter....$501
labor........................$140
tax...........................$38

Plus I don't know what they would have charged for the fuel tank gromet but I'm sure it would be more than $26

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
$461 for pump installed and $75 at dealer plus tow bills .

looks like you got away cheap for a do-it-yourselfer

good thing you did'nt pay $50 and install it yourself

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$461 for pump installed and $75 at dealer plus tow bills .

looks like you got away cheap for a do-it-yourselfer

good thing you did'nt pay $50 and install it yourself

Tow was free and $75 "diagnostic fee" was disputed with credit card company and won. If it was summer, i would have done it myself but not in 30* weather on a dirt floor garage,that's muddy from the rain with no heat.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Tow was free and $75 "diagnostic fee" was disputed with credit card company and won.
Why the dispute? just curious is all, after all its your CC bill. But hope ya dont need to use the shop again anytime soon, as they may 'remember'.....

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why the dispute? just curious is all, after all its your CC bill. But hope ya dont need to use the shop again anytime soon, as they may 'remember'.....
Well...the first time I was there, they said they couldn't duplicate the problem and charged me $75. When it wouldn't start for me in the parking lot, they said it wasn't getting spark so I left it there until the following monday and THEN they say it the fuel pump.
So actually they charged me twice for a diagnostic fee but I only disputed one of them but somehow both were taken off my account. I wasn't going to argue and ask why

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
Well...the first time I was there, they said they couldn't duplicate the problem and charged me $75. When it wouldn't start for me in the parking lot, they said it wasn't getting spark so I left it there until the following monday and THEN they say it the fuel pump.
So actually they charged me twice for a diagnostic fee but I only disputed one of them but somehow both were taken off my account. I wasn't going to argue and ask why
imo , very fair getting all your money back .

the very first $75 was for . they don't know ... why pay for something you know ... that is , you also don't know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts