Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently started my lifelong dream of building a 67 GT500 tribute with the purchase of a 67 fastback that was originally a 289 AT car. I plan to convert to 428 toploader so my first question is what toploader am I searching for? Don't want to waste time and $ chasing the wrong parts. I'm an ebay Craigslist junkie so somebody tell me what to search for and I'll get to work. I'm in the Jackson, MS area so let me know if you're in the area and I'll buy you a lunch to start developing my vintage mustang support group.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need to make a decision about the brakes. This will be converted to a big block car but I will lighten the weight load with aluminum heads, aluminum dual quad intake, aluminum water pump, aluminum toploader, and aluminum AC compressor. I'd rather not deal with power brakes if I can avoid them so my question is this. Will conversion to 4-wheel disk breaks make it unnecessary to have power brakes? Sound off.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I did the Willwood classic series disc brake swap to the front of my '68 Cougar, and left it manual. Stops great. I have had the kit on the car since 2015 and have yet to have an issue. Pedal pressure is acceptable, and the car stops as quick as my wife's 2013 Fiesta with electric power assist on a much lighter car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts