Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great weekend at the Mid America Ford and Shelby meet. The Falcon went out on the road course at Hallet and ran down the Tulsa Raceway at 13.88 at 98.5mph on BFG TAs. It sure stands out in a sea of Mustangs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Which one was yours? Saw a couple of nice Falcons out there. Was a little disappointed in the show again this year; seems like it's more and more turning into a late model Mustang fest than the classic Ford/Shelby musclcar meet that it has been - looking more and more like the used lot at one of the local Ford dealerships. Kind of the same thing that killed SuperFord magazine for me too. Anyway, enough about that - just checking out which Falcon you had.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cjjtulsa on 6/13/06 7:26am ]</font>

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the white one with the red stripe. I had it at Hallet, Sonic, Drags, and the Show. I hear you on the late model stuff. It is kind of a double edge sword. You want enough of them to support the show, but you don't want them to take over the show.

Even with all the late models their were some very rare Fords present.
1 R Code 427 Fairlane,
2 Real Shelby GT-350Rs,
1 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler II, and
1 Real Thunderbolt
Not to mention having 3 of the 6 in existence 07 GT500s

That is saying something

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BRDVPRA on 6/15/06 4:22am ]</font>

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah, and that Spoiler II was't a '69 Gurney or Yarborough Special, either. Although there was one nearby. Very cool to see that one-of-two prototype in the flesh (steel?).

Was your Falcon the one with headers? There was one with headers and one with iron manifolds, and I was sizing it up for future reference when I get to messing with my 65 Comet. What engine are you running?

Also had 3 Tigers and two Panteras; one Pantera was sitting off by itself with the radiator out of it. Hot as it was outside I can see why he might have had some cooling problems.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cjjtulsa on 6/16/06 7:09am ]</font>

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have white falcon with the headers that were beat into submission by the previous owner. I'm running a 65 Fairlane A Code 289 .060 over, decent cam, Air Gap, BG 650 DP, 6AL, with the ram-air feeding to a T5 that goes to a 57 Ford Wagon 9" with 4.11 gears. The Cal-Tracs help a lot on traction. The little car gets 18.5mpg if you stay out of the secondaries. The AL radiator kept the Falcon well below 180F all weekend.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Good God! I was hoping to get around that kind of mileage, but figured the little-inch engine wouldn't get it done performance wise and still get decent mileage. Of course a Falcon is lighter than a Comet, but the difference isn't too drastic. I'm looking into an AOD (mamma wants an auto), so that won't help the go-fast any. My idea was maybe a 351C if I can massage the towers enough to fit it; after seeing your headers I wasn't so sure that was a good idea. That steerig box is right in the way too. Maybe a 331? I'm still pretty set on a Cleveland but we'll see when that time comes. If I could get a reliable car that gets 18-20mpg, and runs in the low 14s I'd be happy. And I don't want EFI - that's just me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By the way if your interested in the event footage on dvd let me know. Pretty cool camera mounts on the vintage racers and the 8s Falcon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello Guys; I'm new to the site But belonged to anther car site fore years. I like this site because it deals with my kind of cars more.
I 'm in the middle of building a street strip 1965 Ranchero that was a origanal 289 car. I 've all ready built a 600Hp 351Cleveland for it.
Can't wait to get it done sos I can take it to some car shows. Puting a differant front end in with power steering, new frame and narrowed rear end. Then gonna run a small block C - 6 trany which I all ready have, but need to rebuild with a shift kit & stall converter. Kurt

·
Registered
596 Posts
Well I'm new the Falcon page anyway, just wanted to say I love the Falcons and hope to have one someday. For now the Stang will do. I'm really excited to see you turned 13's w/ the 289 as I have similar combo and am in the mid 14's but do have a posi unit w/ some sticky tires for my next mods...your Falcon looks great, got any more pic's??

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Rick, is that monster on the road yet?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think he is going to drive the fire out of it at the Falcon Nationals this month.

·
Registered
5 Posts
congrats on make it into the 13s i know it takes alot of work. i have 61 sedan delivery that is tubbed with 060 302 C4 trans and 5:14 gears just got it into the 12.00s. 9.00s next year good luck doug

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
The Falcon Club of America will be holding its National Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana this year. I'm Still not running yet, but very soon.

Remember...Success is a Journey, Not a Destination

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FATNFAST on 7/7/06 7:55pm ]</font>

1 - 16 of 16 Posts