Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after almost one exact year, the engine rebuild is done, right now the car is having the trans rebuild, suspension done, enegine timing fluids and being started and tested. I will have the car back wed or thursday of this week, and California's streets better watch out because one more Galaxie will be hitting the roads!!!

These are the last pictures i took of it before it was sent off, enjoy
Being Only 22 this ismy pride and joy
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Sedan

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Sedan

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Muscle car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Coupé

Engine Vehicle Car Auto part Custom car

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys, not to bad for a garage project i think.

And FE im trying to get it to where i can drive! I'd Much rather be out on the roads over slaving on the computer trying to resolve all the issues with having a car 22Years older than me haha

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
GM HEI IGNITION on a FORD?

Excuse me... I have to go to My Prefs to see if this forum has a NO CHEVY SH!AT FILTER...

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
LOL!! Thats what I thought of to KZ, but alot of guys are doing the D.U.I. dizzy's now....(it puts all components in one package), its a no brains needed hook up, and a robust system overall, BUT I still dont like the looks of the HUGE cap needed because of the coil. So I wouldnt do this personally, altho using the GM HEI module and an e-coil separately does really well on "non-stock" apps, and can be done to ANY electronic ignitioned vehicle.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL!! Thats what I thought of to KZ, but alot of guys are doing the D.U.I. dizzy's now....(it puts all components in one package), its a no brains needed hook up, and a robust system overall, BUT I still dont like the looks of the HUGE cap needed because of the coil. So I wouldnt do this personally, altho using the GM HEI module and an e-coil separately does really well on "non-stock" apps, and can be done to ANY electronic ignitioned vehicle.

It is a much more reliable system having an all in-one, with a coil it doesnt produce as much get up on the cold start

Plus it does increase responsiveness and does give the car a little more juice. i didnt like the coil look on my car, then id need an msd ignition box yadda yadda, so i went HEI sorry i know its GM, but as far as im concerned at least they did one thing right, not they have a million others to focus on to catch up to the ford power, and look how i have had to tuck my wires up to make it somewhaat neat, i didnt really want to manage two other wires

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
It is a much more reliable system having an all in-one, with a coil it doesnt produce as much get up on the cold start
You should have started that statement with IMO...

That system is no more reliable than DURASPARK or TFI. I have worked on enough of them to know.

I will say a prayer for you @ Carlisle this year and suggest you get baptized with SUNOCO RACE FUEL with no ETHANOL. Maybe an exorcism (not to be confused with an orgasm) will help...

...booga...booga...booga.... (silent but steady drum beat)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts