Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like a bat outta hell!!! I love those AFR 185s, 1 3/4 hooker ceramic supercomps, comp XE274, etc--and the Bigs Stage 5 HP carb is awesome!!! Thanks, Jesse. And I've only got 8 inch open 3.55 gears. (a 9 inch 4.11 posi would be nice) I couldn't image what a stroker would do. (or could I) Thanks Mike, Chilly, Jim, & everyone else that helped me put this project together. It desktop dynoed at around 435, and I think they're all there. Oh yeah, Mike, the 3 inch edelbrock mufflers and straight exhaust sounds awesome! If it seems like I'm bragging, I'm bragging on you guys!. Thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 67stang351 on 4/18/02 11:13am ]</font>

·
Registered
7,472 Posts
Hell yea!

You've got a great combo, and I bet that open rear is a lot of fun... just wait until you get a posi and you get to do a little counter-steering.

I don't know why more people don't run the Edelbrocks... they do sound awfully good. That 3" exhaust has a killer sound that makes the import 'fart pipe' guys run for cover.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
66 Posts
67stang351 Hey curious what kind of pistons did you use and if you had any trouble with piston to valve clearance. I'm thinkng of getting those heads for my 351W.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rbaney.. I used KB hyper pistons (on a budget) but so far, so good. You might want to talk to some of the other guys about what's best for you.
By the way, I thought the Comp XE274 was supposed to have a smooth idle. If that's smooth, well . . . (not complaining, it sounds great)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts