Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought them from Anthony over on the FE forum years ago and got to thinking, why not?

These things practically put themselves on. The only bummer was that I broke off a bolt on each side, so I am running a small c-clamp on those two.

The motor is a stock half-tired '65 352 bottom end and a set of the faster burning chamber C8AE-H heads with a port matched Performer. The carb is a Frankenstein I built from a Carter 750 CS body and an Edelbrock 800 AVS top set up as follows:

Floats: 11/32" hieght, 1 1/4 drop
Pump: 13/32"
Jets: Pri: 107 w 6537 rod Sec: 104
Springs: Pink cut-in 7 hg
Idle screws: 2 1/2 out with open headers, will likely trim to 2 with exhaust

It is jetted safe until I figure out how the unequal length tube headers are going to act.

The distributor is still points but I recurved it. It had a 13L centrifugal slot, (13° of distributor timing or 26° of crankshaft timing)so I shortened it with some epoxy to 10°/20° because I was too lazy to dig out another distributor
Initial is at 15° for a total of 35°, and I have the vacuum advance adjusted to take it up to 53­° with no load.

Got my historic license plates in, so its time to do some historic testing

·
Registered
322 Posts
Do you have an automatic? Power steering? I have the old log exhaust manifolds on my '62 and would consider headers if they fit a 352 w/ power steering and went in as easy as they did for you.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is a '65. But yes it is an auto and PS. I am certain the earlier ones fit the same, its just a different part number. Here's a link to Crites.

http://www.critesrestoration.com/galaxie.htm

These are big primary tubes, 2". Theoretically they should be too big for a stock engine, but eveyone I know who is running them highly reccomends them especially the quality and ease of fit for the money.

Subtlety is only a matter of choosing the right hammer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BillBallinger on 6/3/06 9:45pm ]</font>

·
Registered
55 Posts
are these the ones?
1965-67 Galaxie and Mercury with FE auto trans. & PS - $329

My Gal is 65 352 A/C A/T P/S. the whole exhaust system is getting a little ragged so I am thinking... Let me ask you this. Is the chief benefit of the headers vs manifold looks or power? how much are we talking about?

I am thinking one day I will bore or stroke my 352 so maybe just replacing the current manifold won't be so good. Is that the value of headers, not current HP but potential for expansion?

·
Registered
1 Posts
after copy and paste remove the fordmuscle part and type in network54, then it will link.
This thread and its unique predjusticed filter is LAME!

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Humph..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wildosvt01 on 6/16/06 7:48am ]</font>

·
Registered
1 Posts
No workie because of the childish filter this admin has put here.
N e t w o r k 5 4 . c o m
F o r d f e . c o m
Simply type in first one w/o the spaces. Then paste the forementioned remainder of the link. Brought to you by yours truely. On the other site my avatar says it all. BTW I STILL WOULD NOT GIVE CHARLES ONE F-IN DIME OF MY DOUGH until he learns to use a ruler!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts