Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
BEAUTIFUL and you'll be HAPPY with your BIGS carb!!:wink2:

My BIGS 850 made a BIG difference in my 408W Stroker powered Cobra replica.......guessing 50+ HP!!:surprise:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BEAUTIFUL and you'll be HAPPY with your BIGS carb!!:wink2:

My BIGS 850 made a BIG difference in my 408W Stroker powered Cobra replica.......guessing 50+ HP!!:surprise:

Actually I've had two carbs from Bigs and I do love them. He also sets them for the climate your in. Plus they are fairly priced.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what did you do with the 408?

Cheers,

Doc

I sold it along with a built c4 transmission. I also have another project in the works which is restoring a 1965 mercury comet cyclone. It's my all time favorite car which I had in high school. The following phot is the engine I'm putting into her. The engine is already completely done sitting in my mechanics shed. https://i.imgur.com/o74vwgZ.jpg I'm an old guy, a Vietnam Vet enjoying myself with my wife of 51 years now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I sold it along with a built c4 transmission. I also have another project in the works which is restoring a 1965 mercury comet cyclone. It's my all time favorite car which I had in high school. The following phot is the engine I'm putting into her. The engine is already completely done sitting in my mechanics shed. https://i.imgur.com/o74vwgZ.jpg I'm an old guy, a Vietnam Vet enjoying myself with my wife of 51 years now.

Ha! Well played! I too am an old guy (you've got me by about 20) but just starting to enjoy life and my wife of 29 years. Panama, Desert Storm, Bosnia, Somalia, Rawanda, OIF, OEF and a couple others here. I'm looking to do a 408 stroker in my 77 'Chero. I'm doing a resto mod touring cruiser kinda build. I'm looking for bomb proof reliability with somewhere around 500HP and more than that in torque to sit in front of a T-5 or T-56 so that 65MPH is an easy 1200 ish RPM for the open road. Looking to learn all things 408 before I pull the trigger on the build, any opinions/observations are appreciated.

Cheers,

Doc

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha! Well played! I too am an old guy (you've got me by about 20) but just starting to enjoy life and my wife of 29 years. Panama, Desert Storm, Bosnia, Somalia, Rawanda, OIF, OEF and a couple others here. I'm looking to do a 408 stroker in my 77 'Chero. I'm doing a resto mod touring cruiser kinda build. I'm looking for bomb proof reliability with somewhere around 500HP and more than that in torque to sit in front of a T-5 or T-56 so that 65MPH is an easy 1200 ish RPM for the open road. Looking to learn all things 408 before I pull the trigger on the build, any opinions/observations are appreciated.

Well, to tell you the truth I had the 408 professionally built which was 17 years ago. This is a photo of my car on his site. James' 64 Sprint
I never had a problem with the car and at that time I believe I paid $8,000 and sold it with the tranny for $5,000. Incidently that 429 boss hemi is a jon kasse engine. I bought all the parts and had it built by my engine guy. If kasse does the build it's around $30,000 or so. It's actually a 460 block stroked to 572 and will put out about 900hp. Anyway, you will be very pleased with the 408. :smile2:pS: Look around the badass engine site to get some ideas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts