Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I pre-installed the intake gaskets for port alignment with the intake which will require porting.

New 7/16 rocker studs and guide plates re-installed. New 10 degree locks. The pressure at the seat came out to around 137 to 140 for my correct installed height. Apparently Comp stiffened up the spring specs some which is probably a good thing. Cleaned up and painted the heads with that 500 degree ceramic type engine paint.

They were supposed to have buffed the valves and said they were all in great shape but I think all they did was remove the carbon. Is there any way I can make these shiney bright again? I cleaned on some of them which is why they look a bit shiney than the others.

I could have de-shrouded the exhaust valves a bit more but I need the compressioin.
These should run. It will either run, catch on fire or blow up I guess.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Hottarod, Those look sweet, I wouldn't worry about the valves not looking shiny....they won't stay that way, sure hope they run great! Just what heads are those? They look like 289 heads but I can't really tell. How long have you been working on them?

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are some iron World Products castings. They were really horrible when I started. It has taken a lot of work to smooth them out. Hopefully it did some good. My rockers came in so I'm about to launch into putting my engine back together now. I think I tore down the engine around July and started porting the heads in early August. A lot of things have got in the way of getting these heads finished.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Comp cams ultra gold aluminum 1.6 - 7/16's

They came with poly locks which I didn't expect so I have an extra set of brand new Moroso 7/16th's poly locks if anybody needs some.

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
Oooooh... shiny. :D Match those runners, pop those pretty rockers on, and go have some fun!
:tup:
David

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm finally up with no leaks and no problems so far. I wound up having to get longer push rods for this engine and also had to get tall valve covers to clear the new rockers.

I haven't moved the car out of its spot yet because my slicks are flat and I burned my compressor up. It sounds good. Hopefully it will run.

At this point I have to wonder what in the world I have been doing for the past 6 months. I think I may have been lured away on a couple of g.u.n. projects, lOL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts