Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Uh, Yeah Holleys. Looked like my 1st attempt at setting floats on one. Luckily I had a Fire Extinguisher hanging on the wall.

Scary!!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Looks like when I put a bary grant fuel reg on that was "factory set at 7 pounds". Turned the pump on and it shot fuel out. Note.....a needle and seat will not hold 25 pounds

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Dodge van.

Am I the only one who has seen more Dodge vehicles (especially VANS) than any other brand? Have seen literally hundreds of them crispy. Some on the junkyard lots and some on the side of the road.

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
I saw more with rust holes along the driver side rocker, including mine. But thankfully no fires and never even had a backfire through the carb. But i've sure seen a lot of crispied hoods on the chargers even back when i was in HS and they were fairly new. But my father inlaw's dodge van did the ol weeny roast in front of a bank in GA. They'd just put another engine in it and got some nice captains chairs and then it was over. It was a 60s van. Mine was a '77 and used to work with a guy laying carpet, vinyl and counter tops that had the extended '77 coppertone can as i called them. It was a good one too but normally chrysler products and i did NOT get along. The only one i ever drove that would start right up without listening to that annoying whiny noise.lol

·
Registered
809 Posts
Btdt. no-one got hurt. Was a nice van. Floor, walls, and ceiling were done with shag carpet, Captin chairs, Lounge/seating in rear area that folded out into bed, no windows, ice box, etc.
360, (no Holley, think it was Carter AFB??) 727 torqueflite. flares and big rear tires. I really liked that van. The color was a burnt orange lol

Anyone remember Vanfest's,

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Hard to tell the color in the pic. Mine was that common coppery brown that seemed to be the only color almost for the '77s. Glad nobody was hurt! Mine was shag too with the bed in the back and found an ice box in a junkyard. There had been one before as there was a bare spot in the carpeting and a drain hole. I added those crank open glass louver type windows in the sides in back out of an old camper shell since i was going to be sleeping in it on my way from oregon to north carolina in the summer time and no AC. Added fans also, too hot with no air flow in there! Mine was a 318. Crank busted in 2 places when it died for whatever reason. The valves were ovals though too, it was tire. But i still cried when it died. lol Always locked myself out and had to get in through the sun roof til i found out any key worked on the passenger side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts