Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to restore a 1965 Falcon 2-dr my uncle left me, in his memory but never tackled a project this big. been cleaning the rust off every where i find it but trying to find interior parts is alot harder than i thought it would be.
anyway, my question is whether or not front bench seat and rear seat out of a 61' will fit in my 65? any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The '61 seat will fit in your '65 however the seat track is different. You will have to do some modification on it to get it to fit. The '61 and '65 falcon models are totally different in a lot of ways.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
If you don't have the seat frames you're going to need them. I wouldn't use seats from another year if you're trying to restore the car back to original, or even close. None of the correct year upholstery will fit. You can buy the front seat foam for most of the Ford restoration places but I'm pretty sure you'd have to get the rear done at a shop.

As far as the other interior stuff goes you can still buy 99% of it from places like Dearborn Classics, Falcon Enterprises, Ken's Falcon, etc. The good news is that the '64 & '65 Falcon's are probably the cheapest to restore when it comes to reproduction parts like door handles, mirrors, etc.

Good luck and let's see some photos!

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has most of the door handles etc. but the seat frames have been the hardest to find, not really sure if i want to do a full original restoration or not right now i would like to get the car up and running. trying to pick up where someone left off leaves alot of question marks.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Maybe just pick up a set of ProCar buckets from Summit Racing. They have some really nice looking aftermarket seats that would fit nicely in that car and would be 100% more comfortable than the originals. I know, mine kind of suck for anything more than a short drive around town. If I had to replace them that's what I would have done. The 1500 series look almost like the originals with the low backs and tuck 'n roll stiching.

Procar Seats at SummitRacing.com: Sportsman Racing seats, Rally Series seats, Elite Series seats, and more

Just an option.

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts