Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can anyone tell me which Front Spoiler (of year /modell) of a Mustang will fit to a Cougar from 1969 ?

Best Regards
Mark :)

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
None really do. I tried that decades ago. The Mustang type is too narrow and too pointy in the center. The Cougar type is more square and wide.

Although both are of some thick textured vinyl, best situation for now is try to obtain an old one.

Wm.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Hi,

Can anyone tell me which Front Spoiler (of year /modell) of a Mustang will fit to a Cougar from 1969 ?

Best Regards
Mark :)
Hi Mark,
Why would you want to know this information when they make exact fit repros for this car. They're cheaper than the Mustang's chin spoilers and will save you the hassle, headache, and wasted time of trying to retrofit parts.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Reason why i wanted to try the Mustang Part, is:

1. I like this agrressive Style of this V-Notch looking thing (69 Mustang Spoiler)

2. I only found Mustang Parts with a FAIR Shipping Rate to Germany....:(

I´m not looking for an absolute Show&Shine or Original Part, that doesn´t matter to me.

I´will think of it over the Winter and will make a decision for coming spring....

Thank you all for the advise...

Regards from a very rainy Germany....
Mark

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally,

1970 Mustang Front Chin Spoiler, to my 69 Cat....;)

Needed to be modified, Angle on the left Side is still to be corrected, but it works.....:)

Regards Mark

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Looks awesome Mark and I'm glad it worked out for you. Going for that vintage trans-am race car look? Please post more pics of your ride.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the Compliment.

Yes, actually i like the vintage TransAm Look.

Even if my Car isn´t an Eliminator, or a Boss Modell, i´like the slight evil look of it.

Her another Pic, after correcting the mentioned Angle on the left side...

And after modifying the Spoiler i´had to think over stability...cause the end-curve doesn´t match up with the valance...
So i decided to mount some alloy bars for giving the whole structure more stiffness....and gained another "racing-Look Goodie" ;)

The Spoiler is now ABSOLUTE SOLID....i guess i will really "Press Down" the front, when getting high-Speeds on our Autobahn *lol* ;)

Regards from a sunny Germany
Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts