Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a really nice five bolt bellhousing-- C3AA. No damage.
$125.00 + the ride.
These are getting ridiculously hard to find.

Also have a Clutch/Brake pedal assembly for a 65-66 Mustang. No spring but otherwise in very good condition.
$125.00

Good V-8 Z-Bar for 65-66. Not worn out.-- $40.00

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These aren't getting hard to find, there is just nobody out there looking for any...

You may have somewhat of a point, although, I encountered several guys just last year that were trying to find one, and couldn't.

How wide is the Z-bar from pivot end to pivot end?
I will have to measure the Z for you, and get back to you.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
These aren't getting hard to find, there is just nobody out there looking for any...
I bet more people are taking five bolt blocks out for 5.0's and automatics than are putting them in.

I bought my cast steel 5 bolt Wedge Co. scattershield for about $70 on ebay then sold my aluminum bell for about $125.

I like the five bolts. Nice compact package.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bet more people are taking five bolt blocks out for 5.0's and automatics than are putting them in.

I bought my cast steel 5 bolt Wedge Co. scattershield for about $70 on ebay then sold my aluminum bell for about $125.

I like the five bolts. Nice compact package.
Prolly right. And they do make a nice small package. I have personally seen these early bells go for some crazy money.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pivot hole to pivot hole is 8.75? I gotta research this. I needed 7 1/8" for the 5 bolt 289, all other 289 302 combo's up to 70 are 6" even.
I just double checked and the one is 6" exactly. The other is more like 8 1/2 though, not quite 8.75.

Wonder if the bigger one may be Fairlane?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am pretty sure all Z bars are Engine appropriate rather than car appropriate if you get me. But I could be wrong. 8.5 is a long step. Probably for Fairlane with a 240 and 3 speed, big narrow 6 in a big car...
That is interesting info!
I got these from a guy who does nothing but 65-66 GT cars. (Has an absolutely gorgeous 66 K code, four speed, fastback, black with red interior, almost totally restored!). He prolly got them in a bunch of other parts along the way. Who knows?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
yeah the 8 incher sounds like maybe a six car like my 61 fairlane or something (mines a v8 auto) Had the chance a few years ago to buy a 61 with 6 - 3 tree but let it slip by due to being an idiot.... But really didnt pay any attention to the z bar etc at the time, I had other stuff from car that i was really more interested in. (still need what I did back then, but oh well, live goes on as they say)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts