Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a 1982 F150 fleetside shortbed 4x4 with dual gas tanks. Unfortunately, the bed is rusted out. I found a flareside bed with a single gas door that I want to replace it with. Do I need to get the gas tank from the flareside truck as well or will the front tank neck fit onto the flareside bed? Also, does anyone know the fuel capacity of the dual tanks and the single tank?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have just bought a 1982 F150 fleetside shortbed 4x4 with dual gas tanks. Unfortunately, the bed is rusted out. I found a flareside bed with a single gas door that I want to replace it with. Do I need to get the gas tank from the flareside truck as well or will the front tank neck fit onto the flareside bed? Also, does anyone know the fuel capacity of the dual tanks and the single tank?
Not sure how Ford did it, as there are 2 different front tank sizes. My assumption would be the tanks are the same, but the filler neck or hose may be different. Similarly, the location on the tank is probably the same or similar for where the filler hose meets it. I'd would just take a few dimensions though to confirm this and as long as the placement is correct for the filler hose inlet on both tanks, it's just a matter of using the right filler neck/hose combo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts