Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are putting a 1989 5.0 from a lincoln with a HO roller cam and carb,C-4 26X26 spline. I beleave its the one year they made it 70 or 71, in a 94 ranger its going to be Street /Strip truck.We plan on using a 3000 stall converter.The question is ,I picked up a #FP-302 SR OD 13.30 157 tooth 28oz balance SFI flexplate.Do I need to change the harmonic balancer from the stock one and which bell housing should I look for will the one I have work?Thanks Mike SrPS the C-4 came from a montero I beleave.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
isnt that engine 50 oz balance,if so youll need to do more than change the balancer,someone here that knows more about the 5.0 will let you know what to use

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ive done that a few times.As stated above you need a 50ounce flexplate.If you don't want to use the E4TE original balancer definatly get one for a late style 5.0.You will need the correct dizzy for the roller cam too,or it will eat the gear pretty fast!But some newer cams have a pressed on iron gear.If its a stock 5.0.HO get the right gear.You can use the Lincoln gear,thats cheap..
I always went with a el.fuel pump too.Much easier..
Good Luck,
Olli

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
You can use the big or small bellhousing C4 or pan fill or case fill as thet are typically referred to. Just get the right flexplate. Use a 157 tooth 50oz flexplate for a case fill or a 164 tooth 50oz for a pan fill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts