Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just wanted to share one of my best success stories of my 3 year build/project. My 67 Galaxie is currently about 6 different colors while I try and decide what color I like. As ugly as the paint is and the grill missing while I am restoring it I had a guy give me a nice offer on it. My thought is that he must see the value in the effort and attention to detail I have put into the mechanical fundamentals. I always liked the guy who drove an unfinished car that ran very well and never broke down. There is nothing wrong with primer. 3 years of pouring money into a car that some have called "grandma's ride" makes a person second guess the effort. I don't do it for the money. I do it for the experience and the fact that it is on my bucket list. When a man is young he gets jealous over a man admiring his wife. Later in life you can just appreciate that you chose a spouse that others admire. No I don't think I will sell. I will keep the old girl. (My car that is) haha

·
Registered
744 Posts
Cool story JP. You got any pics of the progress you've made on the 67? What colors have you tried out so far?

My mom's daily is a white '67 moredoor and she refuses to drive anything else! My dad offers her his supercharged '99 towncar all the time and she always complains that "it drives like crap compared to my ole gal!"

No matter how old they are, ya just can't beat em. :)

·
Registered
977 Posts
I LOVE that story.. My brother paid 17,000.00 for his 64 galaxie 500 XL.
I paid a 150.00 for our 63 galaxie 500. He is always washing and waxing
his and making FUN of our 63 , I LAUGH at him and ask him HOW MANY MORE NOTES YOU OWE?? Ours is PAYED for .. UGLY as she is to some she's a BEAUTY to me because I building her. She did win 3rd place in her class at her 1st car show..Like you I'll want be selling her..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Cool story JP. You got any pics of the progress you've made on the 67? What colors have you tried out so far?

My mom's daily is a white '67 moredoor and she refuses to drive anything else! My dad offers her his supercharged '99 towncar all the time and she always complains that "it drives like crap compared to my ole gal!"

No matter how old they are, ya just can't beat em. :)
Supercharged 99 TownCar? That would be a 4.6 engine?

That's a new one on me, and I've been around the block a few times.

Very, very rare.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the props for the story. I will try and post some photos this weekend. (if I can figure it out) I bought the car from a guy I served in the Marine Corps with for $500. It was bought by his wife's grandfather. Her grandfather's brother owned the car dealership and I still have the family named bumper sticker from the dealership. I was planning on giving it a Military theme for the bond of the brotherhood. I wanted to do it in deep blue with Shelby themed white racing stripes down the middle. The trim has a black line that runs down the length of it. I want to make this line red for the blood stripe. I want to pin stripe the chrome rims with the same red stripe. This would give it a subtle Red White and Blue theme. Made in America. At one point I was thinking Black with red stripes. la500 I love the flat primer look. Tough always looks cool. At one point I went away from stripes and was going to go with a MOPAR flat black hood look. Just didn't feel right.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Supercharged 99 TownCar? That would be a 4.6 engine?

That's a new one on me, and I've been around the block a few times.

Very, very rare.
Yea its a 4.6 with PI heads and cams and a Vortec. It doesn't have a crazy tune on it because its my dad's daily but its real fun on the highway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts